Live Plants???!!!

• askhammatt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hi, im Matt, and im an Oscar addict.
  • Thank you received: 143

askhammatt replied the topic: Re:Live Plants???!!!

Nickisue wrote:

LMAO, My Oscars destroy the fake plants. and move big rocks. LOL

x2!

just set up a new 5 ft tank and had to use literal boulders so i know thye cant move them....but their trying lol especially my lutino!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmunroe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

MeghanR replied the topic: Re:Live Plants???!!!

Oscars aren't the only fish that uproot plants. I've had a few (fake) plants mysteriously become uprooted. All along, I have blamed the Oscars.

I just caught the Severum "red-handed finned" grabbing the plants with his little mouth, shaking them and pulling them out :laugh: :laugh:

I just wish my camera was handy at the time.

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re:Live Plants???!!!

Yeah that's true, my Jack Dempsey pulls fake plants out all the time. If they get in his way he just grabs em and yanks them out.

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• Thank you received: 0

selesnyanqueen replied the topic: Live Plants???!!!

I have a tank with a few Jack Dempseys and one Lutino Oscar. The only live plants I have had any luck with whatsoever are moss balls. They roll them around and play with them, but they don't tear them up. :)

• Thank you received: 1

SammiMitch92 replied the topic: Re:Live Plants???!!!

cebosound wrote: I am also curious about this one. I have never tried live plant because of most of the reasons outlined. But I am thinking of giving it a shot; maybe using little flower pots with gravel to help secure the roots. So the follow up question is...

Has anyone had any luck at all with live plants and Oscars? Anyone? :huh:

I just planted my tank! every plant I have is in a pot. I have two mason jars with swords in them and a bigger glass jar type thing with hair grass and two mini terracotta pots with baby tears. so far so goo no interest in the plants. and it looks so pretty!!!

• Thank you received: 1

SammiMitch92 replied the topic: Live Plants???!!!

selesnyanqueen wrote: I have a tank with a few Jack Dempseys and one Lutino Oscar. The only live plants I have had any luck with whatsoever are moss balls. They roll them around and play with them, but they don't tear them up. :)

I also have moss balls (6 of them) they don't like to eat and tear those apart bc they taste really bad...or so I was told.. :p

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds