Fishy Hats

• Emily
  • Emily's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Emily created the topic: Fishy Hats

Does anyone have any hat making know how?

I made a pattern for a hat that you can put ears and tails on it (a unicorn hat is in the making since unicorns are the next BA thing to big ol' Oscar fishys). But, I was wondering if anyone has any hat making experience on here.

Here are a few "looks" I like for the hats: [X] - [X] - [X]

I want to make this out of fabric and not yarn or whatever that is (because I can not knit or crotchet. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the tummy right on the fish so it kind of sticks out a little, but lays down still so it doesn't look freaky. I was thinking of making it in four parts (two for the front that are straight, then two for the back that look like very stretched out V's).

And, does anyone have any good ideas on how to make an Oscar like pattern on the hat? I've thought of fabric dye, but I've never used it and don't know how it would work dying dark colored fabric with orange/red.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re: Fishy Hats

We have some home made OFL T-shirts, but hats?
No idea...but i bet my kids would love your ideas! :P

• Emily
  • Emily's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Emily replied the topic: Re: Fishy Hats

LOL! Well, when I figure out how to make them, I will definable be seeing what you think. After I get the pattern right, I'll have to send it over (either that, or some hats, Lol) so I can spread the love!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds