Photography

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Re: Photography

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Highlander0423
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 5

Highlander0423 replied the topic: Re: Photography

I love this thread, Photography has ALWAYS been something i wanted to learn, But i could never afford the camera prices for a decent one, So for now.. I will enjoy your stuffs LOL!.... Nice shots guys/gals :)

my camera is just basic camera its just my hands that let me down I shake so much :)

Anyone can take a photo its just some are better than others but you need to try to achieve anything :)

• Highlander0423
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 5

Highlander0423 replied the topic: Re: Photography

I will throw some stuff in here,

Sam the puffer

My Sweet pea Sophia R.I.P

My daughter Colleen

Sophia's Tree

nice pics :) See you can use a camera.

I think it is so sweet that your girls mean so much and it still brings tears to my eyes when you mention Sophia but that is good I havent had children but I miss my cats all the same as though they were my own flesh and blood as the bond I had with them will always stay. I think that is whats so amazing about life and being a live if you get me. Mothernature is very special. :)

• lark2004
  • lark2004's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

lark2004 replied the topic: Re: Photography

You don't need a fancy camera... I use a cheap Fuji finepix.

• Thank you received: 22

toni-a replied the topic: Re: Photography

lark2004 wrote: You don't need a fancy camera... I use a cheap Fuji finepix.

Well the camera is just a tool, in good hands any camera can do marvels, but actually you do need a camera all depends on what you intend to shoot, let me take this shot of yours for instance

Nice composition and angle, well done however if you look closer notice the purple halos arounf branhces, this is called purple fringing with a decent film or SLR camera you would have better results.
let's take another one

look at the background you can see the blown out colors this is because the lack of dynamic range.
Also note that nothing is over after you have taken your picture you need post processing, if we go back to the last picture notice the colors are too cool bluish, this can be easily corrected using software.
A picture where this is more obvious fron Nina

The colors could be much more vivid and contrasty, if Nina has no objections I can do post processing and show you the difference.
without mentioning sharpness issue check aus-car pics notice how sharp and crisp they are, he has surely a decent camera and lens and he did a nice jobs pot processing, thumbs us aus-car
@ Nina you definitely need a better camera, you manage to pull some wonderful pictures with your Panasonic DMC-FZ8 however it is still a what we call Point and shoot camera, for wildlife you need a camera capable of focusing instantly you more than me how many excellent pictures you lost waiting your camera to focus, I highly recommend you invest in an SLR camera, difference is huge, however SLR cameras for wildlife need quite pricey equipment especially very expensive lenses, however you could do a nice job using a good 75-300mm "cheap" lens.
I almnost quit photography for some time now, will tell you the story later

• lark2004
  • lark2004's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

lark2004 replied the topic: Re: Photography

Not going to disagree at all Toni-a, I would love a decent digital SLR but I can't justify the expense. I still have my old 35mm Minolta SLR but the cost of film and processing is getting a bit much these day's with no guarantee that I even took a good shot or not. My Finepix S2950 suits me for what I want to do, it's a hobby for me, not a profession. As for post processing, it's a bit beyond me... I've tried before and I end up getting hopelessly lost and the image looks worse.

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: Photography

toni-a, if you would, I'd love to see what post-processing could do for that picture :)

I'm after a digital SLR, but it has to wait some more, more pressing things to spend my money on for now. Also, if you have to slog through the field for a few days, a heavy camera bag with good lenses is not an appealing extra to have :P
Still, I'd love one. Thanks :)

• Thank you received: 22

toni-a replied the topic: Re: Photography

Then you could try some easy software like photoshop elements (not the full photoshop) however this one needs some controls, GIMP is free yet it is very capable but complicated.
Most photo editing is just correcting artefacts, for this we have the RAW format (unprocessed format or digital negative ) , all cameras shoot in RAW , which is converted to JPG, however manufacturers decided make RAW files aavailablr for photographer on only high end cameras, if your camera has RAW your job is easy, otherwise you can look for firmware hack (that is legal since you are changing your hardware configuration and not getting a commercialy available software) or work on the JPGs. It takes a lot of time to get used to photo processing after that it takes very little time.
Like fishkeeping working pictures requires reading after understanding colors and how photoshop thinks your job is a piece of cake

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds