Any other Musos here?

• Rogue_Violetta
  • Rogue_Violetta's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta created the topic: Any other Musos here?

One of my main hobbies is music. I play the trombone, violin, keyboard/piano, am learning flute, tin whistle, a few wood flutes, and can play a bit of guitar, and a tiny bit of drums. I used to have a suling as well. I also try to sing, at the moment, I'm trying to learn a more operatic style. Being a contralto, it can be difficult, lol.

There's also a running joke that I collect instruments, as I tend to buy some when I have money and see one that I don't have.

What about you guys? Any other instrument players or singers here?

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re:Any other Musos here?

I can play Bass guitar but that's about my limit.

You must be very clever to play all those lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haku, I knew your were good.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Re:Any other Musos here?

Not really... I'm not that good, but that's mostly from years off here and there.

If you can play one string instrument, you can generally play others, and the brass/woodwinds both require the same muscle build up, it's just learning how to sit your mouth. And scales, you really need to learn scales, but I'm crap at them, can never keep them straight in my head.

You should try out a cello one day, you'll see what i mean :)

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Any other Musos here?

Yes!
I've been playing Cello since i was 8, sang in choirs, play Bassguitar, grunted in a DeathMetal band, then i switched to Live Jungle Drum'n'Bass.
I played gigs with 176MOWGLI for almost 10 years, mostly synths, drumcomputers, sequencers and keyboards.
Usually our gig was last of the night, for it was kinda loud.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Nowadays i play cello with a very good classical guitarist, and give lessons in how to use computers and hardware for producing live d'n'b.
And i produce Dubstep/dubstyle/hardstyle and nowadays Trap and Bass.
Lately i had my first hard-dubstep mashup reach over 20.000 hits.

So, yes, music is my life!

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: Any other Musos here?

played bass in a deathmetal band, wife plays electric guitar, thinking of starting again when and if i find the time between work and my one year old son.

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Any other Musos here?

I played drums years ago before I got married......no Neil Peart, but I could kick some ass.....had to sell my kit when we bought my house... we bought @ sheriff's sale & found out that there were liens against the property, so had to move in w/ my in-laws :pinch: & I couldn't afford to store my kit, so I had to sell. Broke my heart, sold for pennies on the dollar, had a deep wood shell Slingerland snare, 3 floor toms, double bass w/ a ghost pedal, octobans, Zildian cymbals :( ........ One of these days I'll get back to it, but I'd need a few thousand to get what I used to have. :pinch:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Any other Musos here?

Darth Nandopsis wrote: I played drums years ago before I got married......no Neil Peart, but I could kick some ass.....had to sell my kit when we bought my house... we bought @ sheriff's sale & found out that there were liens against the property, so had to move in w/ my in-laws :pinch: & I couldn't afford to store my kit, so I had to sell. Broke my heart, sold for pennies on the dollar, had a deep wood shell Slingerland snare, 3 floor toms, double bass w/ a ghost pedal, octobans, Zildian cymbals :( ........ One of these days I'll get back to it, but I'd need a few thousand to get what I used to have. :pinch:

I nearly cried reading that, Darth. That would be like me selling my violin, she's irreplaceable. Would completely break my heart.

Ok, i'm nearly in tears.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Any other Musos here?

I play the cello. Just for fun, since I was a kid. I come from a musical family. My dad sang opera for a bit and my brother plays guitar and about every other stringed instrument. Am currently teaching my four year old the ropes and he has twinkle twinkle down cold. My wife has a collection of Japanese stringed instruments but she refuses to ever play them for me.

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Any other Musos here?

Harmonica here, and it does not sound good what so ever...Saying I need more practice is an understatement lol..

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Any other Musos here?

Craigsfish wrote: Harmonica here, and it does not sound good what so ever...Saying I need more practice is an understatement lol..

Weirdly enough, the harmonica is the only instrument I ever had a lot of trouble with. I ended up giving the book I had (book and harmonica set was a gift to me years back) to my FiL, who actually can play. He's gotten more use out of it than me! Unlike me, however, he can actually play a few tunes. I just make noises that makes my husband with near perfect pitch wince, lol.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds