Picked up a new Concealed Carry Holster

• Win
  • Win's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Win replied the topic: Re:Picked up a new Concealed Carry Holster

Dalton wrote:

whats the point on carrying a weapon on u i know it looks cool but the only real reason is for protection could u really use it if u had to?

looks have nothing to do with it lol. infact in this state, you have to fully conseal your weapon to remain legal with it. if you can see an outline, a bulge, or any part of the weapon itself, you "profiling" and that is illegal.

and to answer your question, if my life, or the life of a person close to me was in iminent danger, i would use a firearm without question or hesitation. i dont carry a 45 to be "badass", thats the shit a gangster would do. i carry a 45 so i dont become just another statistic.

lol and necro, in texas law, you hacking somebody up with a sword or an axe, would prolly get you into more trouble with the law then just outright shooting them lol.

they would try to say you "premeditated" it or something stupid lol... stranger things have happened.

i dunno, but when i took my concealed handgun liscense course, our instructor said two things, you never fire a warning shot, and you never shoot to wound a person.

the trial always goes smoother with just one side of the story to cross examinate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

w66 replied the topic: Re:Picked up a new Concealed Carry Holster

rumncoke0482 wrote:

i can honestly say i own right now a springfield xd 40 cal w/ 4" barrel and i can say with my hallow points i feel safer considering the fact that it goes everywhere with me since im county allows open carry ill soon be getting my conceled permit, but since my exwife didnt like guns and would not let me have mine i sold all of my collection ugh so dumb but now i am going to get a mossburg shotty and 308 and others but i will have a gun safe ya its expensive but hey i dare a mother&&(&er break in my apt cause it wont be pretty with a hole in his chest

Having been shot by a 308 loaded with soft points and still alive, only 308 i'd use for home use would be short barreled assault rifle.
As for the shotty, i'd only load it with solids, otherwise you wont take anyone out with the pellet spread.

• bowhunter
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • A Country Boy Can Survive

bowhunter replied the topic: Re:Picked up a new Concealed Carry Holster

Most in home confrontations will be close range... therefore buckshot would be ideal for close range confrontations with burglars. If you are talking about slugs... they are more for longer range. Yes they will do damage but you would need to be more accurate. For personal protection you cant beat 00 buckshot.

• Nickisue
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Nickisue replied the topic: Re:Picked up a new Concealed Carry Holster

LOL, Just a quick thought! When you all are shooting in your house.. Take care not to shoot your tank... That will lead to a much worse emergency! HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re:Picked up a new Concealed Carry Holster

LOLOL!
And get a sign;
"Trespassers shooting at my fish will be shot,
survivors will be shot again!"

w66 replied the topic: Re:Picked up a new Concealed Carry Holster

bowhunter wrote:

Most in home confrontations will be close range... therefore buckshot would be ideal for close range confrontations with burglars. If you are talking about slugs... they are more for longer range. Yes they will do damage but you would need to be more accurate. For personal protection you cant beat 00 buckshot.[/quote
I forgot about 00 buckshot, yea that'd do the job, but i'd still be able to take someone out with a single slug in the space of a house with my mossberg 590, as for 308's a friend managed to procure some tracer bullets when I had a farm, we filled a jerry can with a cup of petrol, left it in the sun for ages, then shot [blew it up]from about 200mtrs, that was fun, but let them off in your house and the burning magnesium is gonna start a fire :blink: then you can have your fish BBQ'D :silly: :silly:

• bowhunter
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Nickisue wrote:

LOL, Just a quick thought! When you all are shooting in your house.. Take care not to shoot your tank... That will lead to a much worse emergency! HAHAHAHAHAHA

haha. You would say something like that Nicki! lol

• Win
  • Win's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Win replied the topic: Re:Picked up a new Concealed Carry Holster

any ER trauma surgeon will tell you the worst thing you can shoot somebody with is a shotgun loaded with birdshot in the belly.... they tear you up worse getting the pellets out than they damage you in the first place.

as far as "home defense" goes, a pistol is the last thing im going for, take a shotgun or rifle for me.
this is a mossberg 500A with poly stocks and pistol grip.
and by rifle i mean my ak47 with 75 round drum mag lol.

lol opossum dont stand a chance

as far as my wish list goes... i definatly want this pistol, the EAA Witness Hunter, in 10MM. MMMMMMMMMMMMMm

• bowhunter
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Nice AK win. I just got one myself.

• markybruv
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

markybruv replied the topic: Re:Picked up a new Concealed Carry Holster

Dude your guns are awesome. My old man used to shoot at Old Windsor gun club before handguns were outlawed, he had a beretta 9mm, a Colt Python .357 (6" blue) and a Heckler and Koch .45.
Man, that .357 made some noise.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds