The gym?

• Codeman_T USMC
  • Codeman_T USMC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Codeman_T USMC created the topic: The gym?

Anyone else love going to the gym as much as I do? Let's discuss training techniques, diet and different goals. I am a qualified personal trainer, if anyone has any questions. Let's discuss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marcus replied the topic: Re: The gym?

Hi codeman. yes I workout about 70-90 mins 5 nights a wk.
chest monday. bench press/incline press/flys/incline flys/dumbbell press. 4 sets 6-8 reps
biceps tue. curls/preacher curls/reverse curls/hammer curls 4 sets 6-10 reps
shoulders wed. lateral raise side/front/military press/shrugs/rotating press/neck 4x6-8 reps
Thur legs. dead lift/squats/extensions fronts/backs/calf raise /sit ups.4x6-12 reps
fri tricep&back. narrow bench/french press/one are rows or incline rows/wide grip pull downs/narrow pull downs triceps push downs/seated rows/triceps kick backs or reverse flys/sit ups. 4x 6-12. i mix it up sometimes doing higher reps lighter weights and change the routine around every few wks.

Diet isn't as good as it should be but I use a protein drink 4-6 times a day depending on how/what I eat that day. i have a gym in my garage so cut out talking/traveling to and from gym and spend more time training.

I was once a fairly good rock climber/ice climber (WI6+ ice and 512d rock) but over trained and sustain tendon damage that needed operations. fairly ok now but i must watch what I do. i used to have a 8 pack but its faded now so I am working to regain my old shape/size/strength. its not easy cos I was out of training for around 6 yrs after being injured. muscle is coming back faster than i would have thought I push fairly hard and am not a quitter ) what about yourself?

Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

• ikkie78
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Go away or I shall taunt you a 2nd time!

ikkie78 replied the topic: Re:The gym?

I am joining a gym this month. I used to lift a lot of weights and workout pretty frequently but I haven't in awhile and it shows! :laugh: My goal is get back into shape this year as I do enjoy weightlifting. Plus now I live a few minutes from a gym here in town where it was about a 45 minute drive to the nearest gym where I used to live...makes it much easier to go!

@Marcus...very impressive workout! I would love to have all the equipment in my garage as you do!

-Come to the darkside...we have cookies!
-I wake up every morning and I piss excellence!
-I'm sorry...I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!

marcus replied the topic: Re:The gym?

yes it wasn't cheap. I sold my climbing gear to buy it all. i got a 270kg Olympic free weight set plus Olympic dumbells + std 1" dums. a Olympic half frame + bench with rower,lat pull down, rowing machine, stepper, punch bag and mitts jump rope plus a few bits that don't get used. i put down a rubber gym floor.

The biggest thing I have to train is determination. I have a very strong mind and will. even when I get home from work late feeling down and drained I still workout cos I know I will feel better after. You got to be committed to a time everyday and stick to it NO excuse.

If you think I am missing anything pls let me know :laugh: and get to that gym B)

Mohandas Gandhi

• Win
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Win replied the topic: Re:The gym?

i try to work out as much as possible, aside from cutting firewood, lately ive been working on my 12 and 24 ounce curls.

• ikkie78
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Go away or I shall taunt you a 2nd time!

ikkie78 replied the topic: Re:The gym?

:laugh: Nice Win! I think thats why I need to join a gym! Too many of the 12 oz. curls!!! :cheer:

-Come to the darkside...we have cookies!
-I wake up every morning and I piss excellence!
-I'm sorry...I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!

• PAUL
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

PAUL replied the topic: Re:The gym?

oh Win, that is exactly my dumb bell.... 12 ounce bottle or a snifter size
brandy glass...nah...actually, i am more on using energy to some productive
way while toning my body. whenever i make rounds in the building i manage,
i never used elevator up to 30th floor. i do it every other day, thus, i have
strong cardio resistance.

Win,Paul don't you dare try to corrupt him. his hearts in the right place don't you put his mind in the pub.)))))

Ikkie get a set of second hand dumbells. if you can get a fair bit of weight with them or buy some extra there is a lot you can do at home. you won't need a spotter to help out with dumbells just drop the onto cushions.

Mohandas Gandhi

• Win
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Win replied the topic: Re:The gym?

lol i got a set of 25lb dumbbells, just to keep my drinkin arm strong. :)

lol being a bit in shape is really beneficial when you split firewood... like all that power to split logs... and maintain enough control to not sink an axe into your foot in the process... lol you wanna work out go fell a couple trees, cut it into 20 inch pieces then start splitting it with an axe and a wedge... that is a workout.

in all honestly anymore going to work is a workout lol...

Is there any room in your house that doesn't have a gun? )))

Mohandas Gandhi

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds