Any other active duty miltary service members?

• Codeman_T USMC
  • Codeman_T USMC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Codeman_T USMC created the topic: Any other active duty miltary service members?

Want to talk about time over seas, combat, dealing with seperation, other military subjects, or just discuss any topic with a fellow service member.
A little about me. I am a united States Marine, no not the stereotypical brainless bloody thirsty grunt. I am a well rounded defender of freedom and sheild of the weak. In fact Marines do just as much charity work as they do combat. The U.S. Marine corps is one of the most charitable organizations in the world, always helping impoverished nations. Check out my myspace for more details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ronnie biggs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ronnie biggs replied the topic: Re:Any other active duty miltary service members?

Codeman_T USMC wrote:. In fact Marines do just as much charity work as they do combat. The U.S. Marine corps is one of the most charitable organizations in the world, always helping impoverished nations.

theres got to be a joke somewhere here but i cant bring my self to come up with it :laugh: :laugh:

• Codeman_T USMC
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Codeman_T USMC replied the topic: Re:Any other active duty miltary service members?

In man hours. You see the Marine corps is an expeditionary force.Which mean speed. We are usually the first to provide aid during natural disasters. Sure we are first and foremost a first strike military weapon, but during times of peace we are a hand for the weak. The first faces the tsunami victims see, or other natural disasters.

• Johnology
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Most Excellent

Johnology replied the topic: Re:Any other active duty miltary service members?

I recently watched showtimes 'generation kill' mini series about the recon marines and the invasion of iraq.. have you seen it? was wondering how realistic a portrait of the real thing it was.

I'm pretty obsessed with programs and movies about military subjects from Hannibal to d-day. Also studied some at Uni before i differed, or as i like to say. dropped out.:)

A Post from Johnology
I miss my plastic plants
374g coming soon

• bowhunter
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • A Country Boy Can Survive

bowhunter replied the topic: Re:Any other active duty miltary service members?

I think that it is great that you are in the military. Thank you for serving. I am currently working on becoming a police officer.

• Thor84
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • GREASE MONKEY
  • Thank you received: 7

Thor84 replied the topic: Re:Any other active duty miltary service members?

thanks for serving!

and bowhunter, you should move down here so i will know a cop and can maybe avoid some distress.

i'm not cut out for army or police service, i'm too busy breaking the rules most of the time. :laugh: j/k... sorta

• Codeman_T USMC
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Codeman_T USMC replied the topic: Re:Any other active duty miltary service members?

About the TV dramas, I have to say yes and No...A tv show can never catch the full spectrum of combat, however their is a lot of drama, everyone is separated from friends and family, so tempers get short and sometimes we can fight amongst our selves, but no where near the drama of the TV shows. Hollywood knows drama sells.

• Brooksie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Re:Any other active duty miltary service members?

Codeman we have already talked... thanks again. As a military brat, I only know what it is like being left at home without my dad. Thanks for all you do... remember ass down and gun pointed at the enemy at all times! ;)

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

• Codeman_T USMC
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Thanks Brooksie, Yes the worse part is leaving my wife and daughter. They are so important to me and they rely on me, and truth be told I rely on them, It's really hard to be away. Although a lot of advancements have been made in communications and it's not so difficult to keep in touch.

• Thank you received: 2

MeghanR replied the topic: Re:Any other active duty miltary service members?

Codeman - thank you for serving. I can't imagine the sacrifice and risk you face. I write this with a tear in my eye - you are greatly appreciated and I want to give you a very humble and heartfelt "thank you"

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds