Hey can i keep my sucker fish with a breeding pair

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: Hey can i keep my sucker fish with a breeding pair

I don't much see the point... The whole 'beef heart recipe' is to take a very high protein, low fat food and make it nutritious to fish in a constructive way.
If you read the recipe, you'll see that the beefheart is actually still raw...

So yes, you could, but without the added extras all you'd be doing is giving a low-vitamin, high protein food. Since oscars have trouble with vitamin c deficiency already, you'd not be doing your fish any favours. You'd be much better off with bloodworms or crickets then. Remember that constipation can be deadly for a fish :pinch:

Stick with a good pellet, if the home-prepared foods look like too much effort. Hikari makes some really nice ones, supplement (give as a treat every now and again) with peas and banana (for roughage), and crickets, bloodworms, beetles, earthworms, mealworms for some extra protein.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Itallion Stallion
  • Itallion Stallion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Itallion Stallion replied the topic: Re: Hey can i keep my sucker fish with a breeding pair

Hey the problem is dat the ingridients to add are nt easily available at our stores, dats y I was thinking to get a beef heart frm da market, clean it , chop it into pieces, freeze it and to serve da oscars, is it ok????

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: Hey can i keep my sucker fish with a breeding pair

Nina_W wrote: I don't much see the point...

So yes, you could, but without the added extras all you'd be doing is giving a low-vitamin, high protein food. Since oscars have trouble with vitamin c deficiency already, you'd not be doing your fish any favours. You'd be much better off with bloodworms or crickets then. Remember that constipation can be deadly for a fish :pinch:

Stick with a good pellet, if the home-prepared foods look like too much effort. Hikari makes some really nice ones, supplement (give as a treat every now and again) with peas and banana (for roughage), and crickets, bloodworms, beetles, earthworms, mealworms for some extra protein.

erm, what more exactly do you want here?

Maybe you should wait for someone else to chime in?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Itallion Stallion

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds