OMG...........PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rosekisses9153
  • rosekisses9153's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

rosekisses9153 created the topic: OMG...........PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 oscars and a gold fish that they refused to eat in a 50 gal tank. My albino oscar started to attack my tiger oscar for no appartent reason. Tiger oscar is somewhat beat up but doesnt seem to be dying or anything not sure what is going on with them. Could they be mating cause the albino oscar tries to go for the tiger oscars mouth more than anything. Tiger oscars mouth is more affected than anything but he has a gash in the head. Is the tank to small and albino trying to kill tiger and not the goldfish if so how come or is this a mating thing............. PLZ tell me what I need to do.. I will be very disturded if something happens to either one I am attached to both of them.. DOn't want anything to happen to either one of them. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

sdraiders619 replied the topic: OMG...........PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get rid of everything but one oscar, each oscar needs at least 55 gallons, there's nothing u could do to stop them from fighting in such a small tank, get a divider until u rehome the gold fish and one oscar

• rosekisses9153
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

rosekisses9153 replied the topic: OMG...........PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have devided them. When I seperate them they seem to get depressed or something.Both oscars will quit eating all together and lay at the bottom of the tank. Is this normal?

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: OMG...........PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to split these fish ASAP A barrier for now than rehome one of the oscars and goldfish. When you can but as quick as you can. 50gals is way too small, you need 55gals per oscar and you need to get 100gals plus for two oscars.

If you can get a bigger tank and dont want to split your oscars you will still need to put a barrier in place or remove one oscar for now. Get a bigger tank immediately thats with in a week. If you cant decide which one you like best. With a 100gal tank you can move everything over and hope the fish get on? Once fish fight though there is high risk they will continue and so getting a bigger tank may also end in you getting rid of one of the oscars. Im just pointing your options out here.

If you do move everything over you need to check your water daily to make sure you dont lose your cycle.

Im going to ask do you waterchange your water weekly?

Do you test water?

And please stop feeding feeder, its not good for the fish in anyway, causes alot of unnecussary threats to arrive to your tank; like disease, parasites and its in my opinion a little cruel on the goldfish.

Can you post a pic or vid of your oscars?

Also I would advice you do 50%waterchange on you tank and rearrange the tank

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• rosekisses9153
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Oh yea and when the albino goes around the tiger, the tiger starts to vibrate. I will put them in 2 seperate tank asap, just got done with homework and notice it will they be ok til morning? They are seperated by a 10 gal. top for a reptile tank, albino can still get to the tiger but albino dont do anything to tiger. Tiger just vibrates everytime albino gets close like tiger is scared or something.

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: OMG...........PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you probably just have 2 males competing over territory, the shivering is a sign of agression, he's trying to defend his territory.

everything above still counts.

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: OMG...........PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tail shaking is a clear sign of aggression. Can you not move these fish tonight?

Do you have spare tank already?

If you do move one to another tank you will have to read up on cycling your tank otherwise your fish may suffer.

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• rosekisses9153
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Yes, a oscar is very time consuming I know this. I do a water change once a week. I haven't done one for 2 weeks now because I haven't been home and boyfriend doesn't know how to care for them. I got the gold fish about a year ago for them before I knew the risks of feeding them store bought feeders. I now breed my own guppies and only give them some once a month. May be cruel but so is eating meat! And the only meat I eat is chicken lol... But I have another 50 gal which I have my breeder fish in. One oscar will go in there in the morning hoping it survives til then. Any other advise would be greatly appreciated. And what do I do with the gold fish. Which one do I put it in with?

• rosekisses9153
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

No cant move them tonight. Need sleep..... Been up all night doing homework.... And I have to move other fish in order to to move oscars.... I would stay up longer however I have parent teacher conference in the A.M
Barely keeping my eyes open now

• rosekisses9153
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Thank you guys for every thing!! Oscars will be relocated asap... They have been seperated by a divider that should hold til morning. It is little homemade but better than one dying! And will be getting a bigger tank within in the next,2 wks. Wish I could do it sooner but it is what it is. 2 50 gals should be ok til then..

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds