Another parent and fry video :D

• ldypaw
  • ldypaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11

ldypaw created the topic: Another parent and fry video :D

Here is this mornings Video of the fry swarming under and between mom and dad because I startled them by turning the lights the rest of the way on so they went and hid with mom and dad. The tank is a bit messy the glass needs scrubbing today and I was feeding them so there is food floating everywhere. I've not figured a fool proof way to clean everything off the sand with fry that small in there, I don't want to suck them up and down the drain. Keep in mind I took this at like 6:45am and I've not had any caffeine yet :) enjoy

The following user(s) said Thank You: luckyhunter4ever

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Another parent and fry video :D

that's freaking awesome .. what are you planning to do with the fry's?

i would hold off with the gravel vac .. and do partial water changes .... or take all the fry's out first and do a gravel vac..

but congrad's
The following user(s) said Thank You: ldypaw

• ldypaw
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

ldypaw replied the topic: Another parent and fry video :D

tehmole wrote: that's freaking awesome .. what are you planning to do with the fry's?

i would hold off with the gravel vac .. and do partial water changes .... or take all the fry's out first and do a gravel vac..

but congrad's

Oh I do regular water changes, I keep the nitrates down and amonia and nitrite at 0, I put a nylon over the vacuum to avoid sucking up fry but lol it's hard to suck up the food and poo on the bottom without getting fry, if I can catch them at the top or hanging with mom and dad over the rocks I can usually get some of it vacuumed I got most of it last night while they were eating, but they always make more lol. Fry are going to a local fish store and if I end up with this many when they hit 2" I may have to contact more fish stores lol

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Another parent and fry video :D

can you put a net on the other end when doing a WC so you can catch the fry's that get sucked up? that's pretty cool you can supply your LFS with those fry's .. they must love you...lol

• ldypaw
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

tehmole wrote: can you put a net on the other end when doing a WC so you can catch the fry's that get sucked up? that's pretty cool you can supply your LFS with those fry's .. they must love you...lol

Tryed that before, even using an gravity flow they get damaged if they aren't super tiny, the itty bitty ones can handle it but at the size they are now, it will kill them or damage them beyond repair. Most of those fry are past the 1/2 inch mark and some are sneaking up on the 1inch mark.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Another parent and fry video :D

Very cool. Do you have a Python WC device? It has a flow control device, so you can control the vacuum strength & those babies should be able to get out of the way.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• ldypaw
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Darth Nandopsis wrote: Very cool. Do you have a Python WC device? It has a flow control device, so you can control the vacuum strength & those babies should be able to get out of the way.

Yes I have a python, but the little buggers are suicidal I swear even at full speed it takes over an hour to drain 75% of my tank, I think they are now big enough I don't have to worry much lol they are all about an inch now, they had a massive growth spurt while I was out of town :)

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Another parent and fry video :D

I have been using a small net to get the debris out, in combination with the old bucket method for the wc in my carpitis tank. It is pretty labor intensive, but my fry are much smaller, and only in a 75. Those guys are awesome, so active. How old are they?

• Thank you received: 1

NeonVodka replied the topic: Another parent and fry video :D

Beautiful babies :woohoo:

• Thank you received: 5

kimmee replied the topic: Another parent and fry video :D

oh wow! I would be watching them all day, with my face pressed against the glass lol!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds