Will an albino tiger oscar breed with a normal tiger oscar .

• luckyhunter4ever
  • luckyhunter4ever's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

luckyhunter4ever created the topic: Will an albino tiger oscar breed with a normal tiger oscar .

Q1 and plus do they breed with any other kind of oscars ? like long fins , all orange , etc ...

cause I got one albino and one normal , will they breed , and what is the success rate .

Q2 should I buy 4 more oscars , just to make them pair off , then remove the remaining ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Will an albino tiger oscar breed with a normal tiger oscar .

Yes. All colored phenotypes come from the wild Oscar. They are all compatible for breeding.

Of course, you need a male & female.

The best way to accomplish this is to buy 6 baby Oscars & let them pair off naturally. You already have 2, so yes, that's the way to go. But you will need a VERY large tank to accomplish this, @ least 200 gallons, not to mention extremely efficient biological & mechanical filtration.

What size tank do you currently have?

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 60

MetalHead88 replied the topic: Will an albino tiger oscar breed with a normal tiger oscar .

Darth has you 100 percent covered

• luckyhunter4ever
  • luckyhunter4ever's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

luckyhunter4ever replied the topic: Will an albino tiger oscar breed with a normal tiger oscar .

currently am planning on a 150 g , its the max I can buy , cause of space issues not money , and yes it will have alot of filtration , biological and mechanical , I am not sure but i think biweekly 50 % change will do the trick , and i think am gonna buy 2 more not 4 , cuz I don't want the fish to suffer in the 150 , anyways thanks for your helpful replay darth :D

sorry for my english its not my mother lang .

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds