Might have some fry on the way!!

• tjwalley
  • tjwalley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

tjwalley created the topic: Might have some fry on the way!!

As of now I'm not overly excited jist yet. BUT I've been noticing a lot of unusual behavior from both of my O's. other than the constant digging which is normal for a lot of non-breeding O's they've been spending an aweful lot of time hovering over an constantly cleaning the same spot, it's a little cove area surrounded by bigger field stones i've decorated with. There's a few pieces of slate rock in the area they're squatting on too. Also, they've become inseparable and won't allow the severum anywhere near the spot now (they used to completely ignore him, luckily he is very submissive and stays on the end they've corraled him into.). Before all of this I was noticing a lot of gill flaring between the 2 O's as well, and the icing on the cake is the bulge i've noticed on the bottom of my red O...given all the other things going on I'm guessing at this point that is the FM and she's full of eggs?! I'll keep it updated as time goes on and if they end up breeding I'll post some egg and fry pics!
It's pretty rare to get a breeding pair without buying a bunch and waiting for them to pair off, and these 2 were the only 2 I've had since they were an inch long. So this isn't a guaranteed breeding pair, it's just that things are certainly starting to resemble a build up to breed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Might have some fry on the way!!

Video???...... B)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• tjwalley
  • tjwalley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

tjwalley replied the topic: Might have some fry on the way!!

Still workin on that. When I get near the tank they'll come to the front like it's feeding time, but they don't eat. I'm gonna try to sit back tonight and get a good clip

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re:Might have some fry on the way!!

Awesome figures crossed for you buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds