Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

• cristo8
  • cristo8's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

cristo8 created the topic: Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

Even though I have never seen 2 stunted oscars breed is it possible for 2 stunted adult oscars to reproduce oscar fry?

I looked all over youtube but could not see any small adult oscars breeding. Do they have to be a minimum size and what size to breed together?

thanks please reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

I'm not sure if there is a size of stunting at which the reproductive organs are affected, I'm guessing there is if the stunting is severe, but they get around 18 months old before sexually mature.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

Yes it is possible for stunted oscars to breed and produce viable fry.

• Thank you received: 0

Aliraza179 replied the topic: Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

Welcome to the forum. That's too bad that you are left in charge by someone that doesn't have time to look after their own fish! Oscars are a lot of work and need time.

The tank is only large enough for two Oscars not 7!! They are fighting because they are overcrowded. :blink:

You need to get an API liquid test kit to test water and be prepared to do lots of water changes.

Stick with this list and everyone will help you out!

Also, post some pics if you can manage it.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

Aliraza179 wrote: Welcome to the forum. That's too bad that you are left in charge by someone that doesn't have time to look after their own fish! Oscars are a lot of work and need time.

The tank is only large enough for two Oscars not 7!! They are fighting because they are overcrowded. :blink:

You need to get an API liquid test kit to test water and be prepared to do lots of water changes.

Moderators, something is up with this. This is a post I made a few weeks ago on a completely different thread! :dry:

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

Woah O.o That's weird.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

Poseidon2.0 wrote:

Aliraza179 wrote: Welcome to the forum. That's too bad that you are left in charge by someone that doesn't have time to look after their own fish! Oscars are a lot of work and need time.

Moderators, something is up with this. This is a post I made a few weeks ago on a completely different thread! :dry:

can you show me the link to confirm that the above poster just copy your wording...... although some people normally do that to pretend they know something about fish...

in facebook forum, many hobbyist copy my way of asking question just to get involve in the discussion...

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

easy search showed this

www.oscarfishlover.com/forum/42-oscar-breeding/304696-what-are-my-oscars-doing#385341

Poseidon2.0 wrote: Welcome to the forum. That's too bad that you are left in charge by someone that doesn't have time to look after their own fish! Oscars are a lot of work and need time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Poseidon2.0

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Can Stunted Oscars still Breed?

Rocksor wrote: easy search showed this

www.oscarfishlover.com/forum/42-oscar-breeding/304696-what-are-my-oscars-doing#385341

Thanks for doing the search. Guess it was a few months ago rather than a few weeks. Anyway, not the best context for quoting that in this thread. :side:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds