oscars dont seem happy

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:oscars dont seem happy

Suprd is spot on with all the advice he has given and I've learned most of what I know from him......BUT there also is another way to help your fish. Keep in mind that the cycling process is very harsh on fish thats why some choose to use pure ammonia as an ammonia source or use fish like giant danios for cycling purposes. Once the filters are cycled then the "real" fish such as oscars are added. In some cases their are products that can greatly reduce the stress of cycling (ammonai and nitrite spike are very harmful to fish) so since you already have yourself in a pickle...why not try and make this easy as possible for your fish.... gonna send you a pm .....omg this is annoying lol

I was in the same pickle myself

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:oscars dont seem happy

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut as to not restart that debate in this thread :pinch:

For what it's worth, some water conditioners like Seachem safe or prime can neutralise ammonia if you follow the instructions on the bottle for doing so. Not sure about the API water conditioner, but if you're cycling your tank with an oscar then you need a water conditioner that can do what safe or prime can. It won't speed up the cycle, but it should protect your fish from the ammonia during the cycling process as far as I'm aware.

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:oscars dont seem happy

Lammergeier wrote: I'm gonna keep my mouth shut as to not restart that debate in this thread :pinch:

For what it's worth, some water conditioners like Seachem safe or prime can neutralise ammonia if you follow the instructions on the bottle for doing so. Not sure about the API water conditioner, but if you're cycling your tank with an oscar then you need a water conditioner that can do what safe or prime can. It won't speed up the cycle, but it should protect your fish from the ammonia during the cycling process as far as I'm aware.

No need to debate anything we all care about the fish right ?

Fbraddy just sent you a pm. Im not a scientist just a blue collar guy lol....it worked for me

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:oscars dont seem happy

The API water conditioner that I have does not have an affect on ammonia, etc. only on the chlorine and chloramines. Better to use Seachem Prime for overall conditioning.

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:oscars dont seem happy

Fbraddy. check messages

• fbraddy
  • fbraddy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

fbraddy replied the topic: Re:oscars dont seem happy

thanks for everyone's input will stop by the pet store today and get something for the ammonia

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:oscars dont seem happy

Fbraddy one thing just came to mind whatever you decide to do you may want to take suprd's advice on filteation however you decide to handle cycling your tank your going to need a large amount of biomedia to handle all of the waste. If you decide to go the route I described in the pm do some large water changes and get that ammonia down to a decent level. Also your fish are large and produce allot of waste so nothing is gauranteed in what I said. Good luck and keep us posted
The following user(s) said Thank You: fbraddy

daddadoo7 replied the topic: oscars dont seem happy

check pms the only advice you were given that is a guarantee is what suprd stated... everthing that all of us sent may work may not but its worth a shot....

• Thank you received: 7

oscarmitch replied the topic: Re:oscars dont seem happy

I'm curious to what advice has been given through pm lol it might help someone else also

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:oscars dont seem happy

I'll pm you oscarmitch

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds