what is the best way to make the oscar eggs hatch?

• dgad054
  • dgad054's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

dgad054 created the topic: what is the best way to make the oscar eggs hatch?

hello guys. i need to clarify things first. because i'm confuse if do i really need to remove the eggs from the parents or not? because last time. my 1st batch of eggs where all dead by the cause of fungus. thats why i'm starting to think of removing the eggs the next time they lay eggs. now my question is.

#1 is it ok to add methylene blue on my main tank? like i dont really need to make the whole tank color blue. because i also know that methylene blue can distroy bio filters. but what if its just a small amount of it. just to atleast stop the develop of fungus.

#2 on removing the eggs from the parent. is it ok that there will be like seconds of the eggs out from the water? or may i know how do you actually do it?

#3 what is the highest chance of making the eggs hatch? by removing it and put some methylene blue on the other tank? or just leave it with the parent and let themselves hatch the eggs?

#4 is it ok to use filters on the tank?

ill be waiting for some reply from the experienced oscar keepers :D ty guyz!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:what is the best way to make the oscar eggs hatch?

Are the eggs fertilized? Are you sure you have a male and female? 2 females will lay eggs together or one female will lay eggs and the other will just be there. Give us a vid or some pics of your oscars in their setup. Is there any aggression towards each other? And welcome to OFL.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

DaNoT replied the topic: what is the best way to make the oscar eggs hatch?

i am dgad054 by the way bro.

yes bro. i am 100% sure that i got male and female. the eggs where all fertilized when they have their very first batch of eggs. the eggs turned dirty white. dont wory about it. my problem is how to successfully hatch the eggs. coz i'm trying to figure out the best way to hatch them. coz i got fungus problem the last time. and as what i read on some forums. that fungus developed on some dead eggs. supposedly the parents should eat the dead eggs but because its their first time. thats why the fungus multiplied and even infected the good eggs. they they have the aggression. actually they are breeding again now. when i change a new stone. i really just want to know the best way to hatch the eggs. or what are the things that i should prepare.

lastly. is it okay to put methylene blue on the tank along with their parents? like i have a 70 gallon tank. ill put 60drops of blue on it. is it ok that ill put while their parents are also their? is that possible or not?

ty for the reply guys :) much appreciated.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: what is the best way to make the oscar eggs hatch?

DaNoT wrote: i am dgad054 by the way bro.

yes bro. i am 100% sure that i got male and female. the eggs where all fertilized when they have their very first batch of eggs. the eggs turned dirty white. dont wory about it. my problem is how to successfully hatch the eggs. coz i'm trying to figure out the best way to hatch them. coz i got fungus problem the last time. and as what i read on some forums. that fungus developed on some dead eggs. supposedly the parents should eat the dead eggs but because its their first time. thats why the fungus multiplied and even infected the good eggs. they they have the aggression. actually they are breeding again now. when i change a new stone. i really just want to know the best way to hatch the eggs. or what are the things that i should prepare.

lastly. is it okay to put methylene blue on the tank along with their parents? like i have a 70 gallon tank. ill put 60drops of blue on it. is it ok that ill put while their parents are also their? is that possible or not?

ty for the reply guys :) much appreciated.

Sorry I'm confused, are you the same person who posted the original question?

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

yes bro im the one who posted this thread. thats my girlfriends account coz i accidentaly sign up using her fb. but she left already thats why i decided to make a new one. and this is it :) sory for making you confuse bro.

still waiting for a reply about my concerns. ty bro :)

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: what is the best way to make the oscar eggs hatch?

DaNoT wrote: yes bro im the one who posted this thread. thats my girlfriends account coz i accidentaly sign up using her fb. but she left already thats why i decided to make a new one. and this is it :) sory for making you confuse bro.

still waiting for a reply about my concerns. ty bro :)

"Bro" if you want to get help from this forum, I suggest you show a little more respect. Especially to the site owner. We are here to help, but are not your personal information dispenser. That is what the machine-like Google is for. If you want a human response, act like one. We get tons of requests like yours all the time and certainly don't need slack like this. :side:

It is difficult to assess what needs to be done for any tank set up without more information. In general medications of any kind are not good for your fish. You did not respond to the request for video and/or pics of your set up. 70 gallons is pretty small for a pair of oscars, even a breeding pair. Your oscars may well be stressed out and living in cramped conditions and in poor water conditions.

Killing the bio filter is never a good idea.

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: what is the best way to make the oscar eggs hatch?

"Bro" if you want to get help from this forum, I suggest you show a little more respect. Especially to the site owner. We are here to help, but are not your personal information dispenser. That is what the machine-like Google is for. If you want a human response, act like one. We get tons of requests like yours all the time and certainly don't need slack like this. :side:

It is difficult to assess what needs to be done for any tank set up without more information. In general medications of any kind are not good for your fish. You did not respond to the request for video and/or pics of your set up. 70 gallons is pretty small for a pair of oscars, even a breeding pair. Your oscars may well be stressed out and living in cramped conditions and in poor water conditions.

I always suspected you were a very patient person Posiedon 2.0 and this confirms it. I always struggle to read posts that are written in this style of English let alone respond to someone demanding answers.
I have 1 question for you DaNoT, why are you so keen to have Oscar fry when you are already extremely overcrowded in your 70g?

• Thank you received: 40

face mcshooty replied the topic: what is the best way to make the oscar eggs hatch?

1 no puting methylene blue in my main tank is a bad idea any amount they affects the fungus is going to affect your bio filter to

2 just put a bucket in the tank than put the rock (or whatever that lay their eggs on) in the bucket so nothing leaves the water

3 sum oscars are good parents sum aren't but yeah if you want to give them the best chance of hatching removing them is the way to go

4 putting a filter on will disturb the eggs just put whatever they laid their eggs on on a angle then put a air stone under it so there's water movement

and as Poseidon2.0 said your tank isn't big enough for 2 oscars you will need at lest 125 us gallons not to mention the grow out tanks you will need for possibly hundreds of baby oscars

Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead focus on what to do next
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaNoT

ohhh. i don't even have the plans to offend u guys. i even respect all of you here coz i know for sure you guys have raised tons of fry oscar fish already.

its just that i dont know how to add picture here. there is no any attach file button here or etc. sry for that
instead i make my profile picture here the picture of the 1st batch of eggs. all where fertilized.

what i just want to know is how you guys do it? coz i know 2 things only. the removing of stone and put methylene. and the other 1 is letting the parents hatch the eggs :/

• Thank you received: 40

face mcshooty replied the topic: what is the best way to make the oscar eggs hatch?

you can post pictures by making a photobucket account then up uploading the pictures to it then getting the img code (it will be on the right side of the screen) and paste it the thread

Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead focus on what to do next
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaNoT

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds