Ron and Vicky sitting in a tree...

• Bri B
  • Bri B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Ron and Vicky sitting in a tree...

Far not fat haha^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Ron and Vicky sitting in a tree...

Bri, hows it going today. Regardless of you living situation, it will take up less space and be easier to maintain one 6' tank, than two 4' ones. A 56" 120 could work for the pair, and really does not take up much more space than a 75. If you have aggression rather than breeding behavior, then I think you have to split them up. Not even an 8' tank will solve the problem.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Rob. Great behavior today. No aggression whatsoever. Usual side by side swimming. I actually haven't even turned on my TV. Just been listening to music observing them since I got home from work. Much love for asking sir.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re:Ron and Vicky sitting in a tree...

Bri B wrote: Thanks D. I only brought up rehoming that persons pleco as from what I remember he had a bad filtration/water change regiment and was in a fairly dire situation. My O's are in an inappropriate tank size but get massive 48 wcs and have great filtration. It's the only reason they continue to do well. I will get them in individual tanks or a large one before either are subjected to harm. No offense taken whatsoever and I will always welcome opinions from folks like yourself with fat more experience than I have.

Actually dont rember that person ever having water quality issues...but you may he right cant remember... i was refering to the oscars that were acting a little aggressive you suggested she rehome one...the next day they laid eggs.

Im pretty sure you would suggest that a new member rehome an oscar if they had 2 in a 55 gal

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Of course and u r correct. If I remember right I said keep an eye out and if they get too violent they need to be split up but with the pair being together for a year it was impossible to call it one way or another. I truly apologize if I've ever given another member bad advice here. This site is awesome and very important to me and my O's. My bad if I've stepped out of bounds in any way daddadoo

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Ron and Vicky sitting in a tree...

You didnt step out of bounds its become the norm. Advice given from whats heard not experienced i guess it just common. Im not a senior member bri just a guy learning. To be honest i think allot of people are giving advice based on what others say instead of what they experienced.

This is my opinion only .... im not going to tell someone how to stock their tanks based on what i see someone else saying ( unless its just obviously crazy) if i put a pleco and oscar in a 75 im sure someone would say your over stocked....maybe i am or maybe i run purigen, have a ton of plants and do wc every 2 or 3 days. Am i still overstocked ?

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

I think a planted tank with a pleco and 1 oscar can be healthy if the filtration and wcs are correct. For God's sake in the 70s and 80s people had O's in groups in small tanks with no info and carbon pouch filters. In my extremely new guy opinion if the fish you keep have enough swim room, are not fighting each other, have a proper diet and have filtration/wcs that keep ammonia nitrite levels at zero and nitrate at a minimum than who is one person to say it's healthy or not.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Ron and Vicky sitting in a tree...

Bri, I have been doing this for almost 3yrs, and I hate to give advice for fear that it is not correct. I felt really bad when your pleco ended dead in that piece of decor. Just keep in mind that unless you are are "on the scene" it is really hard to offer solid advice. If I offer it, I try and add something like "wait for more opinons".

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Fully agree rob. I always try and finish any advice with let the mods chime in as I have about half of one percent clue compared to them.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

So not your fault about the baby pleco rob. I put him in a tank with hazardous deco due to not enough research on his species. He was a lost cause before u ever told me I should give it time. You have been one of the most informative, frequently interactive members to me and I highly value your advice and thoughts.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds