Venting Oscar

• BegineerOscar
  • BegineerOscar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

BegineerOscar created the topic: Venting Oscar

HEllo Experts,

I am planning to keep oscars as a breeding pair, below is the picture of 2 Oscar

Help me to find our its gender.
OSCAR-1

OSCAR-2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Venting Oscar

Without any real confidence, it looks although Oscar 2 maybe the female. The male and the female Oscar have two holes. One is the anus, the other one is the breeding organ. If both holes look roughly the same size then that's possibly the male. However, if one of the holes is bigger than the other warm and this is probably the female. You're probably better off getting a magnifying glass to have a really good inspection.

On another note, I don't know whether you are going to breed for fun, or whether it's going to be a business. Whatever you do you are going to need to be fully prepared. This means having a second aquarium that you will need to transfer either the eggs when they are laid so you can hatch them artificially, or the fry when they hatch. If your intention is to move the fly on whether that's selling them or giving them away then you are probably better off artificially hatching the eggs so the fry are born into perfect water conditions, plus you haven't got the parents to contend with when trying to remove the fry from the main tank.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BegineerOscar

• BegineerOscar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

BegineerOscar replied the topic: Venting Oscar

both seems female, will exchange the second female with male (if I can find a male). If I succeed breeding oscars and it is not going to be business, will give away. Sure I will prepare another tank for fry if I get a breeding pair.

will search for a magnifying glass, so that I can make sure their genders.

Good Info, thanks.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Venting Oscar

I wouldn't exchange any oscar yet. I would get a male confirmed oscar, and let the pair form with either female.

• BegineerOscar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

BegineerOscar replied the topic: Venting Oscar

NO LFS agree to vent their fish before we buy and without venting method you will never find a confirmed Male/Female. I think even venting shall works only with grown adult oscar.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds