• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Got quite excited this evening

gekhuus wrote:

could someone show me a pic of the organs cuz i dont really know what to look for... i also dont have another place for the other fish to go too....(im not trying tyo get rid of them)

You won't see their sexual organs unless you have a pair that are about to spawn. They don't normally protrude from their bodies unless they are doing this. The two photos below show the female and the male. Female sexual organ is quite visible, the male sexual organ isn't that brilliant. It's not easy taking photos of these parts. I'm hoping in the next few months to get some really good footage of breeding Oscars and some good photos as well. Who organs are quite different. The mail's organ looks like a spiky. The female's organ is oval in shape, slightly sharper than the end of an egg I suppose. My red Oscars sexual organ was a white creamy colour.

http://www.oscarfishlover.com/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,54/page,view/catid,1/PageNo,1/key,7/hit,1/

http://www.oscarfishlover.com/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,54/page,view/catid,1/key,6/hit,1/

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Got quite excited this evening

rwood wrote:

hey Penn . this is rick that is nice to here about your pair. oscars. i would like to see video. my oscars do same about cleaning rock moouthing moving stuff but not consistantley. is this breeding habits or oscar behavior in genral??????????? curious. :)

Maybe someone who has kept one Oscar on its own will tell you whether they performed us kind of behaviour. I've always had more than one Oscar. Oscars are funny fish, two females will pair up, well, not really pair up properly, hang around with each other making you think you've got a pair. They make even start laying eggs between each other. Of course they would never hatch. Unfortunately, the only way you will ever know you've got a breeding pair is when you actually observed the female laying eggs, and the male swimming over the top and fertilising them. If you really wanted to know the sex of your Oscars, you would have to find someone who could vent them. This would mean removing the Oscars from the tank and examining them very closely.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds