concerned

• vmaxchick
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

vmaxchick created the topic: concerned

hi there hope you can help. Have had an oscar for over 2 years now and he is or was as healthy as could be and trust me i look after my tank for sure. The problem is that as you know sometimes they can be a little nutty and run into things in their tank, which he has done at night sometimes for no reason or if hes in a bad mood haha
anyway, i noticed that he had white what looked like little scrapes and mild chunks dug out of him, had seen this before once when he ran into his heater cover and it healed in 2 days. However i used some pimafix in the tank as that did a good job the last time to help healing.

Anyway, came in today hes not eating the same as usual and these white lumps and scrapes aint healing at all, in fact it seems as if its getting worse and spreading and he has a few cottony looking bits floating on his side and a white paice os something wedged into his side fin.

I know he aint well but with what i have no idea?

hope you can help as i say he has white lumps on him the lumps are not like cotton, more like if he had injured himself and it was trying to heal but its not that is the problem and now he has small little fluffy looking bits only 3 or 4 though on his body now also.

Hope you can help please

Heather :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 418

OFL replied the topic: Re:concerned

I think a photo would be helpful, I wouldn't like to say just from your description. It could be a secondary infection setting in.

For the time being, just make sure you carry out extra water changes.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:concerned

The cotton wool stuff sounds like a fungus to me. Treat with an anti fungus treatment. This fungus has developed because of the original wound. A pic would help to diagnose what this is or what caused it

I can't get no sleep

• vmaxchick
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

vmaxchick replied the topic: Re:concerned

hi there has been a job and a half but managed to get best pic i could, the thing is it started to go away after a tank water change as it would and a little treatment then yesterday bamm we were back to square one, losing my mind over this here :(

hope you can help
have been using melafix and another fungal treatment..........
It is spreading again sorry if pic is not good enough...
www.empathys.co.uk/asbo.jpg here is the link it was too big to upload here

Vbaby replied the topic: Re:concerned

fungal infections take a bit longer 2 cure than normal damage keep yr water quality good and keep treating as directed and u should be fine

DONT BUY ON IMPULSE DO SUM HOMEWORK FIRST

waterboy™ replied the topic: Re:concerned

hey every body, i hope this is where i post my concerns... let me know if its not pls.. so heres the deal my tiger oscar and my albino where fighting, due to a 60 gallon tank corner tank. theres not alot of room to spread out so i thought i should move one before some one gets really hurt. So i moved missy into a long 40 that i have five irredecent sharks in, for the first week she was alright. then she stopped eating and now about two weeks later she just sits at the bottom leaning to one side. I think she´s depressed and misses the other tank. last night i noticed when i turned the lights out she started to act perfectly normal... so this morning i put in some softer bulbs, a blue light and an aqua glo because as soon as her light went on this moring she went right back to bein sick. if i didn´t know better i would say shes faking.. lol. no but i´m worried she spazes some times and smashes into everything in her tank. i don´t have any more ideas... i just hate seeing her suffer. thanks

• vmaxchick
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

vmaxchick replied the topic: Re:concerned

hi there thanks for that the link i put in was a picture of my oscars problem can anyone confirm its fungal infection, please someone look at the picture :) many thanks h

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:concerned

Im not sure its a fungal infection, i would be inclined to go with an anti bacterial treatment and extra water changes. Try to keep nitrates as low as possible, preferable below 20

I can't get no sleep

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 3.168 seconds