Ich help. again

• Pepperoni
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Pepperoni created the topic: Ich help. again

Ok. My new setup

Clownloaches were stressed from the transition. One has been hyperventalating for a few days. He nowhas salt grain things on his tail and a large cyst on his side. He is deteriorating fast.

Raise temperature and add salt? How much Salt, what kind of salt? If it gets my baby oscar i will be mortified

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

drew replied the topic: Re:Ich help. again

its in the tank now and needs treating as it will get there eventualy ive sent you a pm reguarding what i know and should work as ive learnt what i do know from sites and had it once with my angel fish

look at the link
www.oscarfishlover.com/content/view/37/96/

metoo replied the topic: Re:Ich help. again

Yes, it needs treatment and the article covers it pretty well, so I'd only like to reiterate that you should be careful with whatever medication. Not sure about salt but clown loaches don't tolerate the chemical meds too well, so should you decide for that at all, make sure you use only half the dose.
Good luck!

If I were a guy, I\'d have probably needed only 30% of the amount of words to say this

• Pepperoni
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Pepperoni replied the topic: Re:Ich help. again

I got aquarium science white spot 3 day medication. I halved the dose as it said on the back for loaches and baby fish. however, the blue tinge faded after a few hours.. I mean completely gone. Does this mean its no longer in the water? I dont have any carbon filled filters, Just an internal filter.

Vbaby replied the topic: Re:Ich help. again

if the blue is gone then sumthing in yr filters r removing it carbon normally does this anyway keep a eye on yr loaches in my experience loaches dont like meds,salt,hot water ect.

i killed my 4 loaches a while ago with to much meds.
really sad as i lv loaches they r one of my fav fish

DONT BUY ON IMPULSE DO SUM HOMEWORK FIRST

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:Ich help. again

I have never used the treatment you are using, however when i have used a whitespot treatment the blue tinge goes after a short while. As long as you dont have carbon in the filter i wouldnt worry about it. Keep treating as per the instructions. My dad told me that years ago when you added whitespot treatment the whole tank would be a blue such that you couldnt see the back. Glad they have improved the medications since then

I can't get no sleep

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 2.771 seconds