Pop Eye. Please Help

• thetromboneman1
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

thetromboneman1 created the topic: Pop Eye. Please Help

Hello all,

I have a full grown Tiger Oscar that I ordered from a local pet shop which I have bought fish from for years. However during this order my fish was damaged during shipment or something because he has a Huge Pop eye on his left side. I am currently treating him with Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Fungus Cure which is what my pet shop owner recommended to cure. So, I have him in a 30 gallon *long* tank all by himself. He eats well but just sits on the bottom most of time except when I come on to see how he is doing.

So, please give me a hand to save this fish. Please note I make frequent water changes and all the water conditions are what they need to be at. Also, either his pop eye is 1. A tumor behind the eye or 2. Bacterial infection. I would really like to save this fish as I could not turn him down at the pet store because they would of killed him anyways. For the mishap I got the fish for free.

any help will be greatly appreciated
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vbaby replied the topic: Re:Pop Eye. Please Help

hi and welcome to ofl.com unfortunate the pic u posted is very small so i cant see exatly what is going on there if u could post a bigger pic then i would possibly be able to help u

DONT BUY ON IMPULSE DO SUM HOMEWORK FIRST

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:Pop Eye. Please Help

Pop eye is generally caused from either bad water quality or injuries.

The important thing is that your fish is eating although they can go for at least 3 weeks without food possibly longer. Even though you know your fish got his pop eye from injury i would still treat with an anti-bacterial treatment. As far as i understand what happens is the fish gets injured and bacteria gets in causing the pop eye. Either way it cant hurt. I have used myxazin but any anti bacterial will do. Also keep up with the water changes. Just to confirm your test results for ammonia and nitrite should be zero and nitrate below 40 ideally below 20

I can't get no sleep

• thetromboneman1
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

thetromboneman1 replied the topic: Re:Pop Eye. Please Help

Hey guys thanks for replying so fast! I did a 25 percent water change today and his pop eye is subsiding to a new Jungle product treatment designed for pop eye. I switched his treatment from the A.P.I fungus control ( this was recommended by the owner of the store I bought the oscar from) to a jungle anti baterial treatment. This seems to working quite a bit better and is responding well. All levels are what they need to be and I will see how he does this week.

Once again thanks for your help and if you can think of anything else let me know!

Dan

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 2.811 seconds