Just bought tiger....not sure if he is gonnamakeit

• joshypoo44054
  • joshypoo44054's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

joshypoo44054 created the topic: Just bought tiger....not sure if he is gonnamakeit

i was shopping at walmart store here in the US and i walk over to the fish dept. and see this 2.5 inch tiger oscar. with walmarts reputation of fish care, i knew right away i needed to rescue him so i bought him and took him home....well its been about 10 hours and he is just floating at the top of the tank almost all the way on his side...if i put the net in like im going to catch him, he will swim around but other than that he is just floating at the top...i turned off the lights and havent attempted to feed him at all.....im not sure that he will make it through the night. he was looking good while he was at the store and was very active but as soon as i got him home, this started happening. i will update you guys and let you know what happens.

Cheers,
Josh

Josh Pettit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sunks replied the topic: Re:Just bought tiger....not sure if he is gonnamak

How did you acclimate him to your tank?

Assuming you did acclimate him properly.

Oscars act very odd sometimes. I have never heard of them floating at the top. But when I first got mine they just laid on the bottom of the tank. For days. Would not eat or move really. Just give him a few days to get used to his new home. Oscars sulk whenever there are changes.

Hi.

ashley1984 replied the topic: Re:Just bought tiger....not sure if he is gonnamak

yh i agree oscars do sulk whenever there are changes made around them, i would just leave him and observe his every movement and take notes if you got to!! wat is the size of your tank and how long have you had your tank setup has it been matured properly for at least 2 weeks before you start putting any fish in, as far as anything else goes wat are you parrameters(water) is everything ok???????? wat filtration have you got on your setup????? let us know at ofl and im sure someone can help you further
regards ash

270 ltr 4ft (FLUVAL 405)
6 baby blue acaras , 1 male and 1 female geophagus eartheaters...
2 plecs.

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:Just bought tiger....not sure if he is gonnamak

As said he may be sulking, try to get a look at the tank without him knowing, sneak a look into the room

If walmart has a bad reputaion for looking after fish then dont buy fish there, all you are doing is helping them make it profitable to sell fish. By buying fish there they will get more in and you cant give a home to all of them. Spend your money in a shop that looks after fish well

I can't get no sleep

Sunks replied the topic: Re:Just bought tiger....not sure if he is gonnamak

I agree with delboy. I buy pretty much everything at the LFS instead of the HUGE EVERYTHING pet store. I know the owner really cares about his fish and that I am going to get a better fish. I don't mind spending a little more for my products to help support a better store.

Hi.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds