HITH????

• ashley1984
  • ashley1984's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ashley1984 created the topic: HITH????

i woke the other morning to find a hole in my oscars head it looks like he hit it on the breeding trap in my tank at first i thought oh crap he got hole in the head, even tho i di a weeklt water change and regular gravel vacs but wen i looked at it closer it looked like he hit it in the corner so i took him out and put some methylene blue straight on it by a cotton bud,, now a coupkle of days larter it looks like its starting to heal can any1 else reccomend precautions i should take????
regards ash

270 ltr 4ft (FLUVAL 405)
6 baby blue acaras , 1 male and 1 female geophagus eartheaters...
2 plecs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 417

OFL replied the topic: Re:HITH????

precautions to stop this happening again, or to help the healing process? I think getting your Oscar a crash helmet is out of the question :-)Oscars will occasionally bash themselves up against things, it's one of those things that will happen and I don't think there's anything you can do about it. My tank is eight-foot long on my Oscars still knock things around. Keeping any fish in a close environment is a huge compromise.if they haven't got a lot of space, accidents will happen occasionally and there's nothing you can do about it.

If the wound is healing, then just keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Jeffrey replied the topic: Re:HITH????

i don't keep any sharp decorations in my tank, i have some rocks, some empty shells, and an artificial cave structure. i have a plastic toy fish, Tiger often plays with it or tries to eat it:P

100 US Gallon Tank - 1 Tiger Oscar (Tiger);
1 Common Pleco

30 Gallon Tank - 4 Angels (1 Veil Tail, 1 Albino, 2 Marble)

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 417

OFL replied the topic: Re:HITH????

fish do have quite delicate skin It doesn't take a lot to injure them, they only have to swim into the side of the tank and they can have quite a nasty abrasion.Like I said before, Oscars do have a tendency of bashing themselves up against things, don't get too worried when you see injuries, even the nastiest ones heal up quite quickly

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:HITH????

I wouldnt worry about it too much. If your water is good the injury will heal surprisingly quickly. Oscars tend to do this sometimes

I can't get no sleep

• ashley1984
  • ashley1984's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

ashley1984 replied the topic: Re:HITH????

well thanks guys i put a bit of meth blue on it direct with a cotton bud and now its all healed up nicely, he is a dosey old grouch lol, have a look at my other post my oscar doug hurt his side on the filter i think i gotta get a new external filter so if any1 has 1 for sale or will swap i have got 3 internal filters (1 fluval 2+, 1 fluval 3, and 1 aqua flow 3)
so thanks again for reading this
I LOVE THIS SITE ITS AMAZING!!!!
DRINK OSCAR, BREATHE OSCAR, SLEEP OSCAR!!!!< thats me!!
thanks again ofl
ash

270 ltr 4ft (FLUVAL 405)
6 baby blue acaras , 1 male and 1 female geophagus eartheaters...
2 plecs.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds