Oscar may have a snail stuck - in Distress

• Thank you received: 0

savagerican replied the topic: Re:Oscar may have a snail stuck - in Distress

Wow it does seem like u do lack a sense of humor. Fish live and die like everything else. I could see if we were talking a bout a human, but we are not. Lots of times a sense of humor goes along way on some of these sites. No wonder I hardly see anyone here on a daily basis. U guys could learn alot from manhattan reefs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RLW15
  • RLW15's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

RLW15 replied the topic: Re:Oscar may have a snail stuck - in Distress

Savagerican, I think what the moderator was trying to communicate and after reading this post, is that not everyone has the same feelings about their Oscars as you do. I know that for myself, now raising my second Oscar, I bond with them like a pet and not just a fish, so like a pet dog if my Oscar is sick or seems to be in serious trouble it is very upsetting. You may not know this about Oscars but they are quite intelligent and can be taught tricks and get to know their owners. My last Oscar would let me pet him and swim up against my hands when they were in the tank for cleaning. He also would not let anyone else feed him, if they tried he would lose all color and lay flat on the bottom of the tank - he did a few tricks too. They really are great fish to have as pets, so it makes sense why the people on this forum are protective of jokes around someone's concern that they may lose one. Hope someday you can get to know one of these amazing Oscars as more than just a fish in a tank.

savagerican replied the topic: Re:Oscar may have a snail stuck - in Distress

Well I'm not new to this. I been into fish since I got my 1st gold fish when I was 6yrs old and im now 49yrs old . I've had plenty of oscars since I was.12yrs old
I now have a huge 13 inch . albino oscar oscar, 10 inch red oscar and 8 inch tiger oscar so believe me when I tell u that very rare does a oscar live as long as a pet dog .

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Oscar may have a snail stuck - in Distress

Well savage, you have things to learn re Oscar care and lifespan. I am older than you, in the hobby longer and can tell you for certain that Oscars can easily live as long as a dog. I have had quite a few exceed 12 yrs, and a couple make 14-15. Its not rare at all.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: Oscar may have a snail stuck - in Distress

I have also read oscars living up to 20 years. That sounds like a life span very close to dogs, well except the oldest dog which is 29 years and 5 months from www.mnn.com/family/pets/photos/15-pets-with-guinness-world-records/oldest-dog .

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds