Unknown disease

• ahmadali999
  • ahmadali999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ahmadali999 created the topic: Unknown disease

Hello, I'm new in this forum..
[Please cooperate, my English is not so good]. My Oscar having some health problems for the past few months. One of it's tankmate (a tiger Oscar) was died due to Gill fluke. But after that he stopped eating and sitting on the bottom side.. I tried almost everything.. Water changes, salt treatment, pp treatment, .. Nothing changed.. Sometime he use only one Gill.. (no gasping for air, splashing, rubbing, etc). He is in a 150 gallon tank. Water parameters are always good. It's around more than 3 months, he is still silent, no food, one Gill respiration (sometime) and sitting on the bottom side. Recently, he got some patches in the head (maybe a starting of HITH due to vitamin C deficiency). I wonder, how this fish lives without food. I tried hikari cichlid gold, bio gold, staple, blood worms, earth worms, etc. No change.. I have no idea, what is the exact problem of the fish. Please help me to find the real problem.. Is it Gill fluke/any internal parasite?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Unknown disease

Welcome to our community. Is the fish showing signs of internal parasites, i.e. abnormal -looking poo.

As for the flukes, you may find the following website helpful.

goldfish2care4.com/goldfish-diseases/flukes.html

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ahmadali999

• ahmadali999
  • ahmadali999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ahmadali999 replied the topic: Unknown disease

I don't find any poo.. Meanwhile without eating, how he produce poo? :laugh:
I already tried salt and PP for fluke treatment. Nothing changed. He's not using his left Gill. No other sign of fluke.. I tried almost every kind of food, he eats earthworms. But no pellets, dried bloodworms, veggies, etc. A small hole is appeared on the head and now it's started to disappear. Anyway now I'm treating for internal parasites with Metronidazole. He's not going to eat anything, so I mix the medicine in water. Hope it may work...

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Unknown disease

Actually, during times of stress the fish can excrete the mucus lining of the intestines without haven eaten anything for days. It would be clear stringy poo.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds