Oscars

• Slikvik18
  • Slikvik18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Slikvik18 created the topic: Oscars

I have two oscars in a 55 gallon tank. I properly clean and filtrate the water every week and. I properly feed them. However they are both aggressive I need help! Also the chemistry in the water is off badly and the water is cloudy any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Oscars

Welcome to our community. The problem you've got is that your tank is too small. 55 gallons is only good for one Oscar, definitely not too. So it's not surprising that you are experiencing aggressive problems, they probably can't get away from each other and have their own room. Also, doesn't surprise me that the water is not in very good condition, I suspect you're probably using a fairly inadequate filtration system.

The only option available is to rehome one of the Oscars and then address what sort of filtration system you are using. It may be the case that you need a much bigger and more efficient filter on the tank. What you got to remember is that 55 gallons is the absolute minimum for an adult Oscar. We would never advise 55 gallons for one Oscar, we would always go with 75 gallons minimum, but a lot of people either can't afford, or they can house aquariums bigger than 55 gallons.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Slikvik18
  • Slikvik18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Slikvik18 replied the topic: Oscars

Thanks I really appreciate it do you know how I can locate a new home for one of them ?

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Oscars

I would probably advise you to ask your local fish store if they would take the Oscar off your hands and find somebody who can house it properly. Like I said, you're okay with the one Oscar, as long as you got good filtration.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds