fin rot

• Tomfish_13
  • Tomfish_13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Tomfish_13 created the topic: fin rot

please help I thought sally was geting tail niped but then realized it was fin rot its geting bad and now a white patch has suddenly appeared down her side please help

plus.google.com/104923349557771378990/posts/XwQ9BTAxeLS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: fin rot

[img]plus.google.com/104923349557771378990/posts/XwQ9BTAxeLS

do you still keep the two of them together?
those side scrape is a sign of bullying...
as i have said earlier, you need to separate them because
flowerhorn usually do not tolerate tank mate...

in my case, i had a pair and after laying eggs, the big male
just killed the female...

• Tomfish_13
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Tomfish_13 replied the topic: fin rot

no they havent been together for about 5 days I thought it was fin niping and I separated them. her tail fin was kinda tattered but after I separated them it kept getting worse. now her tail fin is almost a nub and the white on her side is color loss not a scrape if thats wat u mean she might have scrapes also but the color loss was another question. I do water changes as often as 15% every other day and a 30/40 %once a week if ive been busy at the very least I dont realy clear the uneaten food out like I should I wont lie its counter productive for the fish I just need help I read if there tail fin rots all the way it won't grow back. there was never white or black on the edge like it says in fin fot. wat is this.

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: fin rot

if it is not due to bullying, the only thing than can make FH like that is an ammonia burn... however, the lost tail fins shows he was gravely bullied... fin rot could never take a toll like that in 5 days..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomfish_13

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: fin rot

Do a methylene blue bath everyday for 1 week. Use old tank water and put in 1ml of methylene blue per gallon of water in a bucket for 30 mintues. Mix a teaspoon of salt per gallon into the bath before adding the fish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomfish_13

• Tomfish_13
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

ok thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

• Tomfish_13
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

hi update on my flowerhorns finrot. every thing is looking good her tail which I feared was to far gone to grow back is growing and healing nicely. also the discoloration spreading from her tail is long gone and she is happy and healthy. in my other tank my 2 oscars that were fighting a lot more than they should have settled down I think mostly because of their new tank mate my other flower horn that is a bit bigger then the sick one is an ass sorry so I put him with the oscars. the Oscars are much too big in the flower horn much too small for the flower horn to do any damage. in the flower horn is too big to be swallowed so I think just having another fish to take their minds off of each other has settled down a lot I know I will have to move the flower horn into a tank by himself within the next few months as when he gets even a little bit close to their size he will probably start wreaking havoc.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds