Do they look okay in this tank for couple of days

• Connermb1
  • Connermb1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Connermb1 created the topic: Do they look okay in this tank for couple of days

Hi people can you help me identify the two oscars sex as I rescued them 4 days ago and have big tank coming tomorrow I know one looks abit under the weather but nursing him/her back to health any top tips would be much appreciated thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Do they look okay in this tank for couple of days

Unfortunately it's impossible to identify the sex of an Oscar just by looking at it. If you are an expert and know how to distinguish between the openings to the sexual organs then it can be done. The only other guaranteed way of determining the sex is when you see them actually laying eggs.

The best way to keep your fish healthy and to nurse them back to health is to guarantee that the water always stays in tiptop condition. This means that you must have a big enough tank and adequate filtration. If you haven't got a water test kit then I suggest you get one ASAP. You will be wanting to check for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH on a daily basis until everything is stable in the aquarium.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Connermb1
  • Connermb1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Connermb1 replied the topic: Do they look okay in this tank for couple of days

Thank you and yes I have just wiki a large info sheet and realise that now and my testing kit is abit outdated so updating when new setup comes as I want to run the new one steady till basic levels are achieved before introducing my buddy's will try uploading picks but thanks for your honest and quick replays ofl :)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds