My Oscar Fish might have a disease :(

• Gumball123456
  • Gumball123456's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Gumball123456 created the topic: My Oscar Fish might have a disease :(

Hello, my Oscar is a Tiger Oscar and has 5 tankmates, the oscar and the tankmates are okay with each other.

-Tankmates-
-3 Red Devils
-Spotted Gar
-Pleco

Problem : My Oscar was acting very strange recently, he was moving sideways and tilted his body most of the time. He has no troubles to move around the tank though. He sometimes breathe heavily

Symptoms : Heavy breathing from time to time, Tilted.

Disease : I think he has swim bladder disease so i fed the fishes soft cucumber and a bit of Cyclid Pellets.

Feeding behavior : The rest of the fish eats the food fine bit the Oscar eats it differently, he sometimes spits the food, he doesn't ignore food.

Aggressive behaviour : The Oscar does not attack other tankmates and does not bully them.

I am scared if something fatal happens to my Oscar, my other fish really has no other problems, the Oscar is NOT a juneville. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: My Oscar Fish might have a disease :(

Welcome to our community. Have you carried out a water test for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH? If so, what are the results?

How big is the tank and what sort of filtration are you using?

Are the other fish behaving completely normal?

Is it possible for you to take a video of your fish so we can see exactly what's happening?

Could be a swim bladder disorder, this can make fish swim weird and sometimes they may not be able to stabilise themselves in the water. Breathing heavily can sometimes be an indication that they have internal problems. But to be honest with you it's impossible to say exactly what is wrong.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gumball123456

• Gumball123456
  • Gumball123456's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Gumball123456 replied the topic: My Oscar Fish might have a disease :(

Here's what the fishes do in the tank :
-Spotted Gar : He minds his buisness in the tank, he's the most calmest of them all.
-3 Red Devils : They are the most playful, they play each other. Sometimes they will try to play with the Oscar, All 3 of them are similar sizes with the fish.
-Pleco : Nobody bothers him as well, He minds his buisness. He moves from time to time rapidly.

Today : Oscar seems to be doing fine, there's no sign that he's diseased visually and swim quite normally, also no signs of Stress. He was breathing calmly and did not bother nobody :). He was although close to the glass and stayed there, away from his territory (He has a side to himself).

Yesterday : He was breathing heavily from time to time, was moving fine but he was tilted. He did not disturb any of his tankmates or had any aggressive behavior.

I don't know how the water level was doing but, yesterday i added biological filter booster to the tank (contains live bacteria).

Filtration : I don't know the Filtration name but it's Biological, it's place at the top of the tank, sticked to be the glass.

Water level : I don't know how to test the water, my dad knows how. I will tell the results soon.

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: My Oscar Fish might have a disease :(

Hello and welcome to OFL. Good to know that Oscar seems to be ok. You must be aware though that Oscar is no match for RD's, regardless of size or the appearance of compatibility. Any one of, or possibly all of the RD will eventually get a territorial instinct kick in and dominate the tank. As in kill everything else.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds