Oscar being beaten up..

• vduboy
  • vduboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

vduboy replied the topic: Oscar being beaten up..

So I am pretty sure both my Oscars are blindish.. the smaller one is happy and seems to be blind in one eye only, one eye appears to have a bubble behind it?
The big guy looks like he lost a fight with the blender, hence me getting rid of the blue acara bully, and while he is slowly healing, I don't think he can see at all, I have been doing lots of water changes to aid in his healing did another 50% today and was keeping a close eye on him and while the water was down low he was bashing into rocks left right and centre, freaking himself out in the process.. It is extremely distressing to watch. I am not sure if he would be better off being euthanised. Any thoughts? The smaller O seems quite happy to scrounge around for food on the gravel like a catfish and isn't loosing weight like my Big O is. He is looking gaunt and his eyes appear to be sinking into his head. I bought a fresh test kit again to see if I am missing something stupid and causing my poor fish pain due to my own downfalls but I am at a loss as what to do next.. He has not eaten for well over two weeks now. Everyone else in the tank is happy. Water parameters are 28 degrees, ph of 7.6, no ammonia, no nitrite and less than 15 ppm nitrate.
What have I done to cause my O's to go blind??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vduboy
  • vduboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

vduboy replied the topic: Oscar being beaten up..

On a side note the messages that some one has replied are going straight to my junk mail folder for some reason so I will try to respond asap, thanks for any help you can give.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds