Baby Oscar mourning dead tankmate

• Ky girl
  • Ky girl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Ky girl created the topic: Baby Oscar mourning dead tankmate

My husband had an Albino Oscar for ten years who was a tankmate to his older Tiger Oscar... when the Albino died suddenly we got a small Baby Tiger Oscar and two Pacu and put them into a much larger 125 gallon tank... the silver Paku and his 16 year old Oscar both died... water changed, antibiotics used and so on... both the other fish (2 year old Oscar and 1 Year old Red Bellied Paku) are both seeming to mourn and haven't eaten in two weeks... any advice would be great... I hate seeing my husband worry after losing three very well taken care of and loved pets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: Baby Oscar mourning dead tankmate

sorry for the loss!

after losing the 10 year year old oscar, how long before the silver Paku and 16 years old oscar died?
keeping the fish for 16 years and 10 years is already a testament...

i can only think any unusual things done in the tank lately? water change? done 100%?
sometimes, doing large water change could trigger shock for the remaining fish if it
is not being done before?

did you check water parameters after losing the 10 year old Albino? sometime, there could
be some changes in your tap without knowing it that could affect your fish... any unusual thing
should followed by water test...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds