Worried.

• ems10011
  • ems10011's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ems10011 created the topic: Worried.

My fish has got a large cloudy spot on his eye and on the other side it is beginning to cloud up as well. He does not have many white spots on his body and still eats quite normally. I changed the water but I don't know what to do from here. He is in a 55 gallon tank with another oscar who is a lot smaller. They get along fine and the smaller one is not showing any symptoms or signs of what the larger has. I don't know what to do. In the pictures the white dot on his eye is what i'm worried about it isnt glare or reflection and it sticks out a little on his eye. Please help I don't want him to get worse or possibly die.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Worried.

ouch... sorry to welcome you at this juncture but nonetheless, welcome to the community

seeing your beautiful fish, i strongly suggest to do large water change immediately without cleaning the filtration system. those white spot in the eyes and the white spot in the body means you have a water issue.

i hope you some information of the following water parameters: nitrite=?; nitrate=?; pH=? tank size =? and fitration system=?

without knowing those parameters, the best thing to do is large water change.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Worried.

I've seen something very similar to this before with Oscars I've had in the past. It could be an irritation, or maybe the Oscar has knocked its eye. What I hope will happen is that funny looking whitest patch will peel off like a band aid leaving the eye perfectly okay underneath.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Worried.

Cloudy eye and the progression to popeye is an infection. Its a buildup of fluid behind the eye. Caused by living in poor water. There are treatments, but meds will have little to no effect in anything other than very clean water. Your tank is overstocked as well, a 55g is only suitable for raising a single Oscar and a healthy Oscar will outgrow the tank before it is a year old. For now, do 50% water changes every day for a week. What is the pH of your water? Need to know for the eventual med prescription.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Worried.

i have noticed the original poster does not respond to our inputs...
any update?

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Worried.

It has been noted that you have posted exactly the same question on another forum. There's nothing wrong with doing that, getting advice from different sources is a good idea. However, if you have already got your answer from another forum then we would appreciate it if you would tell us so, we can then mark this thread as resolved. Alternatively it may be an idea for you to state exactly what you have done in order to help other people looking for information on the same subject. Remember that these messages will be available for other people and we always like to resolve a subject so that they remain helpful for the foreseeable future.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds