75 gallon tank leaking

• Oscarfish_love
  • Oscarfish_love's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Oscarfish_love created the topic: 75 gallon tank leaking

I have a 75 gallon aquarium and I think its leaking from the bottom what can I do pics follow

goo.gl/photos/nxSDMsQZSEthebNEA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: 75 gallon tank leaking

I've not had an awful lot of experience with leaking aquariums. However, I do know that it something that needs to be addressed as soon as possible because it may give way at any time, just depends on where the weakness is. You really will have to empty the aquarium to find out where the water is leaking out from. If the seals have corroded or broken then you could get yourself an aquarium sealant and make a repair. There's not much more I can say at the moment until you've looked a little closer at what is going on.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: 75 gallon tank leaking

First I would be absolutely sure its the tank that has a leak. Is it possible a filter, some condensation from lids, splashing from fish, anything besides the tank. A tank reseal is not difficult, but must be done exactly correct, no margin for error. There are plenty of useful vids on YouTube doing properly from step 1. Also, is the tank under warranty?

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Oscarfish_love
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Oscarfish_love replied the topic: 75 gallon tank leaking

Well I was kind of thinking the same thing about making sure absolutely that it was a leak. I've had tanks before that seemed like they were leaking and it was just water on the bottom of the tank that was seeping out from the edge when I first filled this tank up I had it all the way full and it showed no signs of leaking after turning all the filters and bubblers on there was a little bit of water seeping out from one corner not enough water to actually be sitting but just making the wood on the stand wet around the corner. it got a little bigger then seem to dry up. then the other side of the tank on the corner it started doing the same thing but a lot worse enough water so that an actual drips fail from the top of the stand to the floor it sprayed so the water was coming slowly seeping for about 5 inches on either side of the corner I watched it for a little bit and it also dried out but you still see a small wet area right on the corner

• Oscarfish_love
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Oscarfish_love replied the topic: 75 gallon tank leaking

Whoops I didn't mean sprayed I meant spread about 5 inches

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: 75 gallon tank leaking

is it a hexagonal tank? if it does, it is very common problem for such built of tank...
leaks normally comes from the the corner joint...

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds