My oscar is to stressed or ill

• mack2801
  • mack2801's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

mack2801 replied the topic: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

N yes i dont have any test kit so dont hav any readings. But i try to keep water as clean aa possible.

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 dual sim using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

Filtration may be a real concern. Hob filters, while quality, just dont have the bio capacity to handle the load of 2 adult Oscars. At 120g the tank is at its limit stock wise, and while you do have a good water change sched, there may be toxins at elevated levels as you approach your next water change. A quality efficient canister filter is much needed for your tank. To be clear, you have just one filter? Brand and size please.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• mack2801
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

mack2801 replied the topic: Re:RE: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

Suprd71 wrote: Filtration may be a real concern. Hob filters, while quality, just dont have the bio capacity to handle the load of 2 adult Oscars. At 120g the tank is at its limit stock wise, and while you do have a good water change sched, there may be toxins at elevated levels as you approach your next water change. A quality efficient canister filter is much needed for your tank. To be clear, you have just one filter? Brand and size please.

Its a sobo company and its output is 2500l/h

Something white coming out of her down if u can see
Can it b constipation?

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:RE: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

I had to google Sobo filters, really didnt get much info. Flow rate is less important than bio media capacity. You should have 4-5 kilos of bio media(ceramics), no carbon in the filter. Hard to tell what that white is, could be leftover egg debris, could also be parasite related. Watch for any more. Very likely easily treated with Epsom salt saturated food, if she will eat some. No panic on that just yet. Regardless of your filters capacity, I would suggest adding another. Good to have a backup just in case, and you really cant have too much(within reason) on an Oscar tank.

• mack2801
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

mack2801 replied the topic: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

Suprd71 wrote: I had to google Sobo filters, really didnt get much info. Flow rate is less important than bio media capacity. You should have 4-5 kilos of bio media(ceramics), no carbon in the filter. Hard to tell what that white is, could be leftover egg debris, could also be parasite related. Watch for any more. Very likely easily treated with Epsom salt saturated food, if she will eat some. No panic on that just yet. Regardless of your filters capacity, I would suggest adding another. Good to have a backup just in case, and you really cant have too much(within reason) on an Oscar tank.

I wil get another filter maybe internal one as soon as possible

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

Internal, no. You want a good canister filter. They sit on the floor, intake and outflow lines are in the tank. If you have the resources, I suggest a Fluval FX6, or the just released FX4. A little lower price, still superb quality is Eheim 2217 or API Filstar XPL, or XPXL.

• mack2801
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

mack2801 replied the topic: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

Suprd71 wrote: Internal, no. You want a good canister filter. They sit on the floor, intake and outflow lines are in the tank. If you have the resources, I suggest a Fluval FX6, or the just released FX4. A little lower price, still superb quality is Eheim 2217 or API Filstar XPL, or XPXL.

That's the problem i cant afford that :(
But stil i will look best option that i can afford.
Quick update abt her... She is now acting totally different she is on top with tail down n in stil position... Just wanna know if she is fine?

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

I really cant say if your fish is fine or not. Changing behavior daily or even hourly is not a bad thing. Immobile, laying on bottom, trouble swimming is generally bad. Yes, get the best filter you can afford, but dont waste your money on something inadequate. If you find something interesting, post for some input on it.

• mack2801
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

mack2801 replied the topic: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

Suprd71 wrote: I really cant say if your fish is fine or not. Changing behavior daily or even hourly is not a bad thing. Immobile, laying on bottom, trouble swimming is generally bad. Yes, get the best filter you can afford, but dont waste your money on something inadequate. If you find something interesting, post for some input on it.

I wil update if i find anything unusual. N i wil sure get 1 more filter soon

• mack2801
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

mack2801 replied the topic: Re:My oscar is to stressed or ill

Update abt my oscar
She started to eat, tries to swim more often but today again she just comes up n then goes to bottom again as if to rest
I also noticed white string type poop... What can that b? I m changing 50% water every other day

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds