There is something wrong with my new tiger oscar

• Jtmc0929
  • Jtmc0929's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Jtmc0929 created the topic: There is something wrong with my new tiger oscar

I just got my new tiger oscar 2 days ago i have twsted my water ph and it is fine i have tested my amonia and that is fine and there is enough oxygen in the tank and yet as soon as my new oscar went into my tank he has been in a corner on his side breathing very slowley and doesnt move. I really dont know what to do because before this new oscar i had purchased an albino oscar that as soon a s he got into the tank went on his side and stayed in the same corner but my albino died. But my tiger oscar hasnt doed so im thinking about possible answers to my oscar mystery.when we first got him we let him aclimate then we shut off the tank lights and avoided passing by the tank. And he survived. We also checked if he had parasites but we have not found any. All of his reflexes are perfect but he is always in the corner slanted on his side or fully on his side.we also checked if it was swim bladder but it cant be because it is not rising to the top. Please if you can help, i really want him to survive and have a good life. We were thinking mabey he is lonley because ive heard of oscats being lonley and not being active and leaning on the side.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: There is something wrong with my new tiger oscar

got the fish 2 days ago... pouting is normal...
now, can you brief us when was the tank had been set up?
if it is newly set up, it is an additional stress for the fish..
please take note that a fine water has no meaning for us.... we need to know the level of ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, and temp..

anyway, welcome to the community!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds