Weird eye problems.. Can't tell if it's pop eye or something else

• Rick12345
  • Rick12345's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Rick12345 created the topic: Weird eye problems.. Can't tell if it's pop eye or something else

I've tried looking up pictures of what this could be but nothing seems to match that well with my fishes problem. My fish had Ick awhile ago and I have fully treated them as we're going on a month later. But while they had Ick his/her eye started to get white. And I can't really figure out what the problem is. Any help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: Weird eye problems.. Can't tell if it's pop eye or something else

first of all.... welcome to the community....
your fish was hit by ammonia burn, you should have noticed it at the early stage...
the only antidote for that is pristine water. not sure how bad it is... we need to see a pic
on the side view.... I suggest a large water change without cleaning the filter...

to evaluate your problem properly, we need to know the info on the following:
ammonia =? ; nitrite=?; nitrate=? pH=? temp=?
tank size =? capacity and type of the filter=?
it may also help if you could share how do you maintain the tank...

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Weird eye problems.. Can't tell if it's pop eye or something else

The left eye definitely looks very swollen indeed. Whether this is a case of Popeye is debatable. However, something is obviously causing this to happen. I would have to go along with what Paul has said, you need to check your water conditions straightaway. Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Also check the pH because this can have effects on the eyes if it's completely off the scale.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds