Has one of my oscars got fin rott?

• Nathan93
  • Nathan93's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Nathan93 created the topic: Has one of my oscars got fin rott?

Ok so, today i noticed that one of my oscars has one side of he's bodys fins flaying away and i have no idea why, i googled it and it looks simular to fin rott, iv'e tested the water and its fine, my other oscar fish is fine and does not have anything on him at all, should i buy a fin rott med kit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Has one of my oscars got fin rott?

I can't honestly see any problems myself by looking at the photo. However, if things get worse in the next few days then you could treat the tank if you want. But like I said, can't see anything that worries me too much at the moment.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Nathan93
  • Nathan93's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Nathan93 replied the topic: Has one of my oscars got fin rott?

It doesn't look that bad in the photo but i cant really get a better one, parts of he's scales are actually peeling away and hanging off, the're are no sharp edges in the tank as i took those out, because i have already learned that they like to hurt themselves on them

Vibs replied the topic: Has one of my oscars got fin rott?

My 9 inch tiger had tail rot.. Took about 8 days of medication in a hospital tank to heal.. The only thing that worried me then was the fact that he completely went off food for most of those days.. Would spit most of his food out,..

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Has one of my oscars got fin rott?

Nathan93 wrote: Ok so, today i noticed that one of my oscars has one side of he's bodys fins flaying away and i have no idea why, i googled it and it looks simular to fin rott, iv'e tested the water and its fine, my other oscar fish is fine and does not have anything on him at all, should i buy a fin rott med kit?

nah... no need to worry... those are new membrane that shows your oscar is growing...
nice oscar btw..

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds