My Tiger Oscar eye popped out

• Thank you received: 599

Suprd71 replied the topic: My Tiger Oscar eye popped out

Sergio.. Epsom salt is Magnesium sulfate. Very common is any drug store. People use is as a soothing soak, say in a foot bath. Does a variety of good in the aquarium. Will kill parasites, sooth sores etc. You can treat the entire tank with a dose of 1 tblsp per 5g of water. You can treat food with a salt solution as well. You fish has a bacterial issue I believe, so water treatment maybe better than food treatment

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• S.S.
  • S.S.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • "Failure is giving anything less than your best"
  • Thank you received: 16

S.S. replied the topic: My Tiger Oscar eye popped out

Suprd71 wrote: Sergio.. Epsom salt is Magnesium sulfate. Very common is any drug store. People use is as a soothing soak, say in a foot bath. Does a variety of good in the aquarium. Will kill parasites, sooth sores etc. You can treat the entire tank with a dose of 1 tblsp per 5g of water. You can treat food with a salt solution as well. You fish has a bacterial issue I believe, so water treatment maybe better than food treatment

Tanks!
I already bought it.
About the treatment, my tiger Oscar is in an hospital tank with about 30 US gallon. How long should I use Epson salt? Only once? Several days? And if so should I make wc every day or leave it without wc for the all treatment?

Should I also use Epson salt in the main tank to eradicate any possible bacteria that's in there, before returning my tiger to it? If so, how long should I use this to in the main tank?

Sorry for all the questions but the salt package hasn't got instructions for treatment of fish.

• Thank you received: 599

Suprd71 replied the topic: My Tiger Oscar eye popped out

Leave the tank salted but still do daily water changes. Replace any salt lost from the w/c. 3-4 days in the salt water. No need to salt the main tank if no problem in there. Is the fish making some progress?

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• S.S.
  • S.S.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • "Failure is giving anything less than your best"
  • Thank you received: 16

S.S. replied the topic: My Tiger Oscar eye popped out

Suprd71 wrote: Leave the tank salted but still do daily water changes. Replace any salt lost from the w/c. 3-4 days in the salt water. No need to salt the main tank if no problem in there. Is the fish making some progress?

How do I know that was lost some salt on the WC? DO I have to put in as much in % as the water taken out?

The eye is better but not fully normal as before. It still looks a little bit out in comparison with the other eye.

He is refusing pellets too. Maybe because he is upset by the tank change. Has only eaten twice in these 2 weeks and only some frozen shrimp but even that only 2 or 3 pieces.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 2.401 seconds