Help me build a cheap sump

• Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken created the topic: Help me build a cheap sump

ok so I'm getting g a 90g tank and I want to use my spare 30g in the garage to build a sump but I dont want to spend very much, I can get another canister for $80 so for this to make financially sense I need to spend less than $80 on all the parts. Our local home depot cuts glass so I can get the sump baffles from there, my most expensive items to get will be the pump and overflow and when I looked into in the other day each of those was gonna cost like $50-$60

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Matt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Serrasalmus Rhombeus, any questions?
  • Thank you received: 151

Matt replied the topic: Re: Help me build a cheap sump

I've got some spare parts you're more than welcome to if you want to pay for shipping :P

Only thing you can't have is my pump, I use it to change water besides it's probably around 600gph wiht a 3/4" outflow that moves some serious water. Drains 50% of my 230 in about 10 minutes.

cebosound wrote: Waterchange, Waterchange, waterchange... till your knuckles are bleeding. ;) :lol:

My youtube page www.youtube.com/user/rwhp550?feature=mhee

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re: Help me build a cheap sump

have you tried ebay ?

you can even use the pump from an internal filter with some garden hose tie wrapped onto it. Its not the best looking but hide the pip behind your tank. Thats what I used to circ my sump when I set it up

Haku, I knew your were good.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds