diy denitrator

• biggamehunter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

biggamehunter replied the topic: Re:diy denitrator

got it ....you got pm 2:) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PAUL
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

PAUL replied the topic: Re:diy denitrator

pepetj wrote:

I believe I got myself one without planning for it. Since my surface floating plants began adapting to the tank (I brought them from a fish farm where they raise them in ponds with direct sunlight), I am having incredibly low readings for nitrates.

When I started this tank, nitrates climbed to 25ppm in a week if I overfed a bit, and surely hit the 40+ppm in less than two weeks. After being able to keep some submerged (mostly potted) plants, I got in the neighborhood of 10ppm in one week but rarely hit 25ppm. As for the last two weeks, I'm having readings below the 10ppm, which for me was unexpected. I know my cycle is intact since I have zero ammonia, zero nitrates and the fish look healthy.

thank you pepe..... you are now one of my living proof that plants do reduce the nitrates in the tanks. this is how i was able to raise my fishes in 17 months without water change. right now, i am back to that practice but from time to time i do give my fishes a new water dose specially when about to spawn. the only difference with us is that i am practicing hydroponics in a mapal beds while yours are floating water plants.

• biggamehunter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

biggamehunter replied the topic: Re:diy denitrator

any updates necro??????????????

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 2.305 seconds