Trim Around the top and bottom

• SethE
  • SethE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

SethE created the topic: Trim Around the top and bottom

I bought this aquarium um 3 days ago used 55 gallon 48 inch long by like 13 inch wide i think or 18 inch wide forgot which, but anyways the trim along the top and bottom like almost all of it is just broken off chiped ect.

It dosnt leak or anything i had that test filled for 2 days nothing leaked out at all. I think i may reseal the inside just cause its used though.

But i wanna know where can i get trim for the top and bottom, or is there somthing else to use, or what?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jjjohnston8623
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Variety is the Spice of life!!
  • Thank you received: 47

jjjohnston8623 replied the topic: Re: Trim Around the top and bottom

So the plastic peices are broken or chipped off down to the glass, but the glass is still intact?

They have some basic thin plastic molding peices at any hardware store or hobby store. Usually used for framing pictures or other things. comes in probably a lot of colors but the basics are grey, black or brown. If you want the wood grain, use the brown plastic and laminate tape. they have thin, sticky laminate wood grain tape stuff that you can then stick to the front of the plastic molding. I've used it to fix up laminate tables it comes in many different widths.

You would probably be able to attacth it with apoxy or the like. Not sure really as I have never had to do this before. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Hope this helps :)

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Re: Trim Around the top and bottom

Your lfs should be able to order trim for you too.

• SethE
  • SethE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

SethE replied the topic: Re: Trim Around the top and bottom

any idea of how much im looking at to put new trim on? and im going to real it as well it don't leave but im redo the seal any ways so can someone tell me whats some good silicone to use.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds