DIY Led nightlight - the simple method!

• rabbit3333shane
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

rabbit3333shane replied the topic: DIY Led nightlight - the simple method!

I don't have a photo bucket account. It's a led waterproof submersible bar, it's only small but it does the job and it was only $7. I can put a pic on face book oscarfishlovers.com group if u like.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nina_W
  • Nina_W's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: DIY Led nightlight - the simple method!

ah, ok. Yep, I'd be able to see it there. If you want, I can poach it from facebook and stick it on here?

Or, I think you can upload it directly to the forum, by adding an attachment to a reply message.

• Thank you received: 10

acdcking12 replied the topic: DIY Led nightlight - the simple method!

So fish don't actually need total blackness? Thought that was had to be done. The blue light doesn't cause issue with fish?

• Nina_W
  • Nina_W's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: DIY Led nightlight - the simple method!

acdcking12 wrote: So fish don't actually need total blackness? Thought that was had to be done. The blue light doesn't cause issue with fish?

this was what I thought as well - fish are diurnal, they need light in the day, blackness at night.

BUT

if you think about it, the river itself won't be completely dark many nights, moonlight must supply some light to our fish?

Less speculatively, though, what I can say is that there still hasn't been any jumping at night, no scrapes, no bashes... it's worth it for oscars.

I'd probably say that if it isn't a large cichlid prone to bashing itself silly, don't leave them on all night if you want them, and get them only because you want them. But for oscars, I'd say get a night light.

There are others who can collaborate my experience here, I refused to believe it until I was at my wits end, and tried it myself.

• rabbit3333shane
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

rabbit3333shane replied the topic: DIY Led nightlight - the simple method!

Nina_W wrote: ah, ok. Yep, I'd be able to see it there. If you want, I can poach it from facebook and stick it on here?

Or, I think you can upload it directly to the forum, by adding an attachment to a reply message.

Yep no worries. I put a pic of it up earlier and the fish on his side but I will take a better pic of the light itself so u can c it properly. O my name is Shane Ellis.
It's on the "the oscarfishlovers.com" group.

• Thank you received: 41

Marshal replied the topic: DIY Led nightlight - the simple method!

I would agree with Nina on night lights for Oscars. Mine was bashing itself silly and jumping a hell of a lot. Since I put a night light in that has reduced to almost zero.

I have been using an Acradia Submersible LED spotlight but they don't seem to last that long so currently searching for a new option.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds