Big-Ken's fish room build

• Thor84
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • GREASE MONKEY
  • Thank you received: 7

Thor84 replied the topic: Big-Ken's fish room build

I like it.
We have an extra room, but my wife wanted a "guest bedroom" ....that one person has used in the last year. :whistle:

I have the perfect corner in my garage for a massive tank or multiple small tanks, but then I would have to figure out how to cool them when it is 110 degrees out.

Definitely jealous. Keep it up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Big-Ken fish room build

lunch break teaser pic :p

• Big-Ken

Big-Ken replied the topic: Big-Ken's fish room build

Thor84 wrote: I have the perfect corner in my garage for a massive tank or multiple small tanks, but then I would have to figure out how to cool them when it is 110 degrees

that's where mine started but this last winter i had to run two 200w heaters in a 55g just to keep it at 80° and they were running practically 24/7 :S

• kjkramer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • My OCD nature makes my fish happy :-)
  • Thank you received: 28

kjkramer replied the topic: Big-Ken's fish room build

I am in a similar boat THor. I have a three car garage and only have two cars so I have an extra bay which could work, but summers in Las Vegas make that a pipe dream. They would boil.

• kjkramer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Besides, only in MY opinion so don't get mad anyone, if the tank is not in a place that is seen regularly inside the house... what is the point? It is like people who get dogs and leave them outside 24/7/365. A garage is not a place to sit in and enjoy the tanks right? A mancave basement is the way to go Like Ken is doing. He is doing it right. Jason as well... and many others here. An extra bedroom set up as a fish room with a couch would be cool too. I looked at the thread on MFK last night of the guy with a great 770 gallon tank out in the pool house outside and kept asking myself "why... what a waste".. just me I guess. They need to be seen otherwise why have them? Great job Ken.. I am so jealous!!

• Thank you received: 11

ldypaw replied the topic: Big-Ken's fish room build

kjkramer wrote: Besides, only in MY opinion so don't get mad anyone, if the tank is not in a place that is seen regularly inside the house... what is the point? It is like people who get dogs and leave them outside 24/7/365. A garage is not a place to sit in and enjoy the tanks right? A mancave basement is the way to go Like Ken is doing. He is doing it right. Jason as well... and many others here. An extra bedroom set up as a fish room with a couch would be cool too. I looked at the thread on MFK last night of the guy with a great 770 gallon tank out in the pool house outside and kept asking myself "why... what a waste".. just me I guess. They need to be seen otherwise why have them? Great job Ken.. I am so jealous!!

That depends on the type of pool house, there are pool houses with nothingin them but the filters and pool supplies, there are pool houses that are bathroom/changing rooms/showers, then there are pool houses that are mini club houses that people use for summer entertaining, then there are the pool houses that are full blow appartments used nearly all the time :D so really depends on the type of pool house and how it's used hehe

• Richardb1976
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You Can't Fix Stupid
  • Thank you received: 58

Richardb1976 replied the topic: Big-Ken's fish room build

I agree it's like putting one in a closet it don't make since if no one can see them and enjoy them but that is my opinion

• kjkramer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

His "pool house" was basically a tool shed in size with no heat. People put tanks in closets? lol

• Thank you received: 6

BigT replied the topic: Big-Ken's fish room build

I put a tank in my dog kennel to keep the dog company.

• Big-Ken

Big-Ken replied the topic: Big-Ken's fish room build

Just to clarify this room is a dedicated fish room the man cave will be in the garage. I understand what you guys are saying about wanting tanks seen.... hell I've said it myself but this room is honestly just for me. Half the tanks are for my angelfish breeding and in the other ones I'm going to keep fish that i have interest in, the house is not just my house its my wife and kids also and they don't have the passion for fish that i do but my wife does respect my hobby and i respect her home so we mutuality agreed that i can have my fish room and 1 tank in the living room and can do what i want in the man cave. Beside i would rather my room be behind a locked door, id be devastated if someone should put something in my tanks and wipe out my stock.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds