Robs tank room.

• kjkramer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • My OCD nature makes my fish happy :-)
  • Thank you received: 28

kjkramer replied the topic: Robs tank room.

Looks good. Is the garage on the central air or will you have to run chillers in the summer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Robs tank room.

kjkramer wrote: Looks good. Is the garage on the central air or will you have to run chillers in the summer?

I ran a duct from the central into the garage, but there is no thermostat, so temps can get pretty high out there. I tested water temps for a week or so, before I added any fish. The highest water temp reading I got was 84.6, when the outside temp was 95, so far it is working out pretty good. I am more concerned about the winter temps. I will have to add more insulation, and space heaters.

• kjkramer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • My OCD nature makes my fish happy :-)
  • Thank you received: 28

kjkramer replied the topic: Robs tank room.

Thanks for the response Rob. I am looking for options. I have a three car garage with an empty bay but my garage gets very very hot when temps hit 120 outside. :(
An outdoor pond not an option too is my guess.
Just have my gears spinning...

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

kjkramer wrote: Thanks for the response Rob. I am looking for options. I have a three car garage with an empty bay but my garage gets very very hot when temps hit 120 outside. :(
An outdoor pond not an option too is my guess.
Just have my gears spinning...

I looked at some portable ac units at Lowes and Home Depot, because I did not have windows suitable for a traditional window unit and they were in the $300 to $400 dollar range. I figured a 10,000 to 12,000 btu would probably be adequate for my 22x24 garage, since it was not my goal was not to make the room comfortable for me. I would think something like that set at around 83F would get the job done and not kill you on the electric bill.

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: Robs tank room.

i dont know how i missed this. that is an awesome det up you have going. that sal was pretty mad at the glass haha. i subbed to your channel. you seem to post a lot of videos.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Robs tank room.

Man it's comin along good Rob! Gotta be a fun project for sure. Nice work man!

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Robs tank room.

Thats really nice Rob, very clean tanks. Hadda show the Carpis huh? lol.. nice fish, and the Sals are beautiful man. One had a little snit-fit, funny! Another 10 or 20 thousand gals and you can be Bassetman, Eastern division!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

JasonR wrote: Man it's comin along good Rob! Gotta be a fun project for sure. Nice work man!

It is a lot of fun, and I wish I had more time and cash to devote to it. I think I got the 10 gal "for my kids" the middle of last July, and now have 10 tanks running with a few more planned. I also think it worth mentioning that I still have 7 of the original 10 fish from that 10 gal.

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Suprd71 wrote: Thats really nice Rob, very clean tanks. Hadda show the Carpis huh? lol.. nice fish, and the Sals are beautiful man. One had a little snit-fit, funny! Another 10 or 20 thousand gals and you can be Bassetman, Eastern division!

Thanks man, I wish I had even 1/4 the knowledge, connections, and tanks that he has, but I am working on it. If you really want to be annoyed check out my Carpintis thread, more eggs!

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Robs tank room.

Got it.. I betcha I called 50 places within 400 miles of me looking for Carpis, just aint none. I like my little Nics though, maybe I need some Rubbermaid tubs someday too, they are a pair and I read that they pair up for life. Tom could confirm that I'm sure.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds