DIY Aquarium Hood & Light

• Win
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Win replied the topic: Re: DIY Aquarium Hood & Light

lol i slapped that thing together, less than 45 minutes time involved in that thing. the next one will have a bit more involved in the aesthetics department.

i seriously almost replaced those 2 1x2's where the light sits because of those splits... i mean the damn 8 ft stick of lumber was a dollar... and 5 drywall screws... so cheap to replace. my needs i never factored in how it would look, i just went for a functional upgrade from those two cut 1x12" planks i was using for a lid previously lol. as for me, i think that i, as well as my oscar, can live with 2 split 1x2's lol. if you cant lol, sorry for your loss. feel free to come make repairs as you see fit lol :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Johnology
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Most Excellent
  • Thank you received: 0

Johnology replied the topic: Re: DIY Aquarium Hood & Light

Win wrote:

lol i slapped that thing together, less than 45 minutes time involved in that thing. the next one will have a bit more involved in the aesthetics department.

i seriously almost replaced those 2 1x2's where the light sits because of those splits... i mean the damn 8 ft stick of lumber was a dollar... and 5 drywall screws... so cheap to replace. my needs i never factored in how it would look, i just went for a functional upgrade from those two cut 1x12" planks i was using for a lid previously lol. as for me, i think that i, as well as my oscar, can live with 2 split 1x2's lol. if you cant lol, sorry for your loss. feel free to come make repairs as you see fit lol :p

ah ha! your like me win... if it works it aint broke.

But if your O starts sulking sideways 24/7 you know its those god damn spits rofl...

Oscars are the biggest pussies man.

A Post from Johnology
I miss my plastic plants
374g coming soon

• Win
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Win replied the topic: Re: DIY Aquarium Hood & Light

lol that oscar can get bent and get over those splits... its going in the big tank just as soon as i can get some friends to help me move the thing inside.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 2.411 seconds