Arkansas - 10-12" Tiger Oscar needs rehomed.

• sunnydallen
  • sunnydallen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

sunnydallen created the topic: Arkansas - 10-12" Tiger Oscar needs rehomed.

A little over a year ago we rescued a Tiger Oscar in Missouri. A lady gave him (we think male) to us at around 6-7 inches in length, living in a 29 gal tank, and was feeding him cat food. We invested alot of money in him and his accessories, survived a move, and now my husband is stationed overseas for 19 months. I can't give him the proper care and attention he needs anymore as I'm a geographical single mother. I am hoping there's someone in the area who already has a large setup and is looking for an Oscar his size. He is about 6 years old I believe and measures around 12" I believe. I'm in Little Rock, AR. If someone already has the setup I'll rehome him for free as long as I can come see the setup in person. If someone wants him with all of his things there will be a rehoming fee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: Arkansas - 10-12" Tiger Oscar needs rehomed.

That's a beautiful fish, I hope someone has a home for it!

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: Arkansas - 10-12" Tiger Oscar needs rehomed.

i'm glad you rescued the Oscar. looks like a nice one and well cared for.

i am on the coast of california. so defo not close at all.

hopefully you will find a good home for it. you can also try craigslist in your area. just be careful to screen people for a good home for you O.

good luck. :)

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

any updates on your O?

k1kendrick replied the topic: Re: Arkansas - 10-12" Tiger Oscar needs rehomed.

I hope you find a home for him. We live in Cabot Arkansas and just recently purchased a 150 gallon. We already have a red tail shark, Severum, blood parrot, 3 red hooked silver dollars,and 2 Oscars. I wished I had seen your post before we went to the LFS a couple of weeks ago! :(
We would have loved to rehome him! Hes beautiful! Good Luck on finding him a forever home and keep us updated please.

looks like sunny was a one hit wonder. :dry:

• sunnydallen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

sunnydallen replied the topic: Re: Arkansas - 10-12" Tiger Oscar needs rehomed.

Sorry it's been a few days since I've updated. I've been really busy. I still have him.. nobody's interested so far. To the Cabot family sorry we missed each other lol. If something happens and you lose one of them you can always check back with me. I'll be checking this as often as possible.. just a super, busy, single mom right now. Good luck with your new tank that sounds great :)

sunnydallen wrote: Sorry it's been a few days since I've updated. I've been really busy. I still have him.. nobody's interested so far. To the Cabot family sorry we missed each other lol. If something happens and you lose one of them you can always check back with me. I'll be checking this as often as possible.. just a super, busy, single mom right now. Good luck with your new tank that sounds great :)

glad to see ya back here. have you checked with the lfs's in your area. maybe you can find a reputable one that can give you a little store credit and find a good home for it.

• sunnydallen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

sunnydallen replied the topic: Re: Arkansas - 10-12" Tiger Oscar needs rehomed.

The only ones around here I know of are Petco & Petsmart. Don't think they'd be interested. He's also got a problem with his nostrils deteriorating. No matter how much the rest of his problems have improved since we rescued and nursed him back to health.. the nose just KEEPS going. I don't understand it. The HITH is healed.. his fins have been doing great.. the nose I just CANNOT figure out. I'm really starting to wonder if planaria are more harmful to the fish than people think. I've actually seen them go INTO his sensory pits on his head and burrow into his skin! I'm wondering if they aren't eating at his nose. No matter how clean I keep the tank they always come back too. I'm thinking I may just have to keep him and try my best to keep the tank clean and stuff.. that still doesn't fix him getting attention though.. but it's a start. I could change out a few gallons every day rather than having to do a 50-75% change every, week or two. I have to use a wet/dry vac and it is so annoying and time consuming. Not to mention hard on my body and makes a huge mess.. I have to take it and dump it outside.. then roll it back and do it again. The house I'm in has a weird faucet so I can't use one of the things that hooks up to it so I've been vacuuming out like 70 or so gallons of water (i think).. using a 12 gallon wet/dry vac...then refilling it (75 g tank) 2 gallons at a time with a bucket lol. SUCKS.

k1kendrick replied the topic: Re: Arkansas - 10-12" Tiger Oscar needs rehomed.

Hi Sunny, Im really continplating on taking my Red Hooked Silver Dollars back to the LFS. I didnt realize I was purchasing the bigger silver dollars for my 150 gallon tank. If and when I decide to do this then I will let you know. I would love to give your O a forever home. :)

Thanks Monica :)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds