Tire shop O's in bad shape need better home, FL

• Oliversmom
  • Oliversmom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Oliversmom created the topic: Tire shop O's in bad shape need better home, FL

Pensacola area, FL. Hey all, was waiting on new tires today. Waiting room has Approx 50gallon tank with two oscars in really bad shape. Horrible HITH and ich, guy says he's had them about 2 years but only about 8 inches. Really sweet pair he does want to keep them together, he's got a sign fish tank for sale 250 marked down to 150. He's paying a girl $50 a month that works in a pet store to come clean the tank once a month. No light, no heater, rinky dink filter. I told him she was scamming him. I wanted to take them home and get them healthy but no room or $! So sad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnnyphoenix
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24

johnnyphoenix replied the topic: Re:Tire shop O's in bad shape need better home, FL

Oliversmom wrote:

Really sweet pair he does want to keep them together, he's got a sign fish tank for sale 250 marked down to 150. He's paying a girl $50 a month that works in a pet store to come clean the tank once a month. No light, no heater, rinky dink filter.

Odd b/c he seems to care enough about them to want to keep 'em together, so I wonder why he didn't just keep the 50 bucks every month and use it for heating/filtration/treatments. He probably doesn't need to worry too much about the heater since it's coming on summertime in florida...and for 45 bucks he could get a filter that fits much better and for just a few bucks more some medicinal chemicals. In the short term He can heal them up pretty quick and just upgrade the total selling price a smidgen for the heater/filter.

• Thank you received: 13

proudmama19 replied the topic: Re: Tire shop O's in bad shape need better home, FL

I live in Deltona florida!!! I do not need a tank but just tell him if he cant find a home to just give them up!!!!!!!!! He is killing them! Yes that girl is ripping him off! She should know better. We have a guy that does this to our local walmart!! They sell oscars and the tanks are SOOOO bad the algae growing off of them is literally black!! Soo sad. If he ever want to drive to deltona ill take em:) I wish i could but its a lil far!

• jjjohnston8623
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Variety is the Spice of life!!
  • Thank you received: 47

jjjohnston8623 replied the topic: Re: Tire shop O's in bad shape need better home, FL

So sad I hope they go to better home soon :(

And yes I agree with johnnyphoenix, for the same price he was paying her, he could've been takin way better care of them.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds