If anyone has High Nitrates Please Read.

• Dalton
  • Dalton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Reefer
  • Thank you received: 1

Dalton created the topic: If anyone has High Nitrates Please Read.

Hi everyone I bought PURA NitrateLock from a lfs because my new house has natural high Nitrates. My Nitrates out of the sink was 180 way to high for any fish. I put this stuff into my filter it comes with Hydrated resin in a media bag. within 24 hours it droped to 20. This product is supposed to last for 24 months and can be recharged there after. Just read the instructions very simple to activate the Resin. I highly recomend this product to anyone even if Nitrates are not as high as mine. Forgot to say that one bag will treat up to a 50 gallon.

14 Gallon Biocube Reef tank started Jan. 2, 2012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

marcus replied the topic: Re:If anyone has High Nitrates Please Read.

sounds too good to be true, I have used other makes of nitrate remover but no were near as good as you state. the only thing that came close was a nitragone. This is a tube filled with resin balls that remove nitrates from tap water by slow filtering. but this would only treat 80g of water before a recharge with salt. it lasts yrs so can be used many,many times.

do you need to recharge this stuff pura? if not I think it would be a one shot wonder and very expensive to keep using??

Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

• Dalton
  • Dalton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Reefer
  • Thank you received: 1

Dalton replied the topic: Re:If anyone has High Nitrates Please Read.

yes u can recharge it with salt sounds kinda like what u stated it was kinda high priced. 36 US dollars i did just another check and its know at 2. I thought it was to good to be true at first but it really does work i should of done a before and after pic. well i guess i can ill do one and post a pic side by side. my tank water and the tap water. ill be right back.

14 Gallon Biocube Reef tank started Jan. 2, 2012

• biggamehunter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

biggamehunter replied the topic: Re:If anyone has High Nitrates Please Read.

yes the pics would be great....

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds