Help with my water test

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Help with my water test

Marshal wrote: It's been hard leaving it and not knowing whether or not I'm doing the right thing as my head is telling me to do water changes to keep the water quality good and it's crazy how I'm so used to doing two 75% ish water changes a week that I'm missing doing them.

I wish we could get this message to everyone who believes water changes to be work. Yes, of course they're work, but it's very satisfying and enjoyable work.

You're doing the right thing. Nitrates are down, which is what you're after.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Help with my water test

Marshal wrote: After weeks of trying to re-home 4 fish and no interest they all go within a week! It official I am now under stocked with just my Oscar & Raphael. 48 inches of fish tank & only a 9.5 inch fish visible, looks a bit bare but like a school kid with a big coat he will grow into it.

Going to do another water test in a bit, fingers crossed.

very true man I am glad it is working out buddy!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Marshal
  • Marshal's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 41

Marshal replied the topic: Help with my water test

Nina_W wrote: I wish we could get this message to everyone who believes water changes to be work. Yes, of course they're work, but it's very satisfying and enjoyable work.

I love doing my water changes, I get so engrossed in what I'm doing I get so relaxed I think my brain actually has a little sleep :lol:

I did a good clean of all the poo yesterday & did a massive water change of around 60 Litres a whole 15%. Still seems wrong but its working.

My nephew has a 90 litre tank & is having similar problems with nitrate out of the tap being around 20 so I bought him a tub of Fluval Lab Series Nitrate remover. His tank water was testing marginally more than the tap water so he was doing a good job anyway but one week after adding the Nitrate remover his tank is testing under 5!!

• Thank you received: 0

brylemartin12 replied the topic: Help with my water test

Water is essential for life, without water human can only survive for days. Besides, clean water is crucial for healthy living. However, unfortunately, microscopic organisms and other impurities can poison consumers over time. Learn about how screening water for safety could be done in your own home.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds