My Emperor 400 filter broke

• acdcking12
  • acdcking12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10

acdcking12 created the topic: My Emperor 400 filter broke

So tonight I did a dumb thing. I broke my Emperor 400 filter. And permanently broke it. :ohmy:

SO the only other filter I have on my Oscar tank is my Filstar XP. Now the real stupid crap. 3 weeks ago, I swapped out all of the biological material and filled it with all new Matrix Bio-Media.

So I am sure that the canister filter is not cycled. So my plan is to do 90% water changes every night, and test every time just before I do said water change. I ordered a new Filstar XP-L to replace the emperor 400. So is this a good plan to make sure that my Oscar is OK through this process?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: My Emperor 400 filter broke

Let it sit overnight and see what your levels are. It may not be as bad as you think. Check tomorrow before doing a WC. You may be able to get away with doing 50% WCs every 2 days in addition to treating with Prime or Safe. Of course if you prefer to do daily 90% ones I am not going to tell you not to. Just don't want you to get worn down and give up.
Post test results tomorrow. We will be able to figure out more then.

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: My Emperor 400 filter broke

Is there any media from the Emperor you can transfer to the other filter ? Or maybe you have an old HOB you can stuff some media in ?

• acdcking12
  • acdcking12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10

acdcking12 replied the topic: My Emperor 400 filter broke

Firestorm8215 wrote: Let it sit overnight and see what your levels are. It may not be as bad as you think. Check tomorrow before doing a WC. You may be able to get away with doing 50% WCs every 2 days in addition to treating with Prime or Safe. Of course if you prefer to do daily 90% ones I am not going to tell you not to. Just don't want you to get worn down and give up.
Post test results tomorrow. We will be able to figure out more then.

Currently, I have been doing 90% water changes every other day as it is.

I definitely wont wear down. But I will post some water test results tomorrow.

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: My Emperor 400 filter broke

Firestorm8215 wrote: Is there any media from the Emperor you can transfer to the other filter ? Or maybe you have an old HOB you can stuff some media in ?

This is what I was thinking. Just put what ever you had in the 400 in one if the trays of the xp.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds